Editor in Chief: Sabrina Galiney

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Have you you ever wondered what it’s like to be a Her Campus editor in chief?The job requires organization, communication, and probably at least one large iced coffee every day. But along with the hard work comes friendship, fun, and a lot of laughs. We think it’s just about the most fabulous thing you can do.

Our URI editor-in-chief and chapter president, Sabrina Galiney, answered some questions so you can get to know more about her life, dreams, goals, and relationship with Netflix (the most important relationship in every girl’s life).

Name: Sabrina GalineyYear: Junior (with plans to graduate one semester early in December 2015, woohoo!)Major: Public RelationsHometown: North Andover, Massachusetts

What are your life goals?

My life goal in terms of my career would be to become a celebrity’s publicist and lawyer (yes, play both roles). In addition, call me crazy, but I would love to represent someone who doesn’t always make the best decisions… I want to actually have work to do!”

Goal before you graduate?

I haven’t had a semester where I’ve received all A’s, in high school or college, and if that ever happened I would be THRILLED.”

What’s your favorite show to binge watch on Netflix?

Asking me to pick one Netflix show I like binge watching is like putting a hundred puppies in front of me and telling me I can only pet one. Let’s see… If I had to pick three they would be Friends, New Girl, and Always Sunny in Philadelphia.”

Where have you traveled outside the U.S.?

“India, England, Austria, Canada, Spain, Haiti, Jamaica, the Bahamas.”

What’s your favorite city?

“My favorite city in the world has been Barcelona, Spain. So far…”

If you could wake up fluent in any language, what would it be and why?

“If I could wake up fluent in any language it would be French, because I never had the chance to study it. I have studied Spanish all my life and am familiar with the Hindi language because of my mother and family. Plus, French is so sexy!!”

Why did you start an HC chapter at URI?

When deciding what I wanted to invest my time in this semester, I knew I wanted an experience that was different than ones I had already had as a public relations student. When researching opportunities online, Her Campus stood out to me because I was interested on a personal level and a career-oriented level. I love reading articles on websites such as BuzzFeed or Elite Daily, so reading about the opportunity to produce similar content AND manage my own team of writers, I decided to jump at that opportunity very quickly.”

What’s it like working with the HC URI team?

“Working with the team has been amazing. I have hired a group of motivated, intelligent, and committed women who are just so REAL. They are witty, they are funny, they are sassy; they are everything Her Campus stands for and more.”

Are you exciting that URI HC is hiring?

I am excited that our chapter is hiring because of the experience I have already had with my team. Our meetings are casual, fun, and interesting, and we are constantly learning from each other each step of the way. I am also excited that we are hiring because I am happy to be able to offer undergraduates an opportunity to have such a life-changing experience that can really affect one’s success later on in their career.”

Why should literally everyone join the HC team?

There are SO many benefits of working on the Her Campus team. Simply having this company on your resume will set you ahead of your peers. The opportunity to write content that is published on a high traffic website is an opportunity that many undergraduates don’t have. Being on the HC team improves your communication skills, organization, teamwork skills, and your ability to meet deadlines.”

What’s the best part of being a part of HC?

The best part about working for Her Campus is watching my work come to life. From launching the microsite to hiring new writers and producing content week after week, I am watching my chapter grow every day. I love reading my weekly site traffic reviews and knowing our chapter’s popularity is growing.”

Don’t miss your chance to join the Her Campus team. Apply here.

Emma Clarke is a junior public relations and French double major at the University of Rhode Island. She is passionate about all things PR, media, writing, and caffeinated.