felix luo ucRO rs4y9I unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
felix luo ucRO rs4y9I unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Decor

Easy and Affordable Dorm Decorations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

1. Add String Lights Around Your Room

One of the big reasons your dorm room feels like a prison cell is that fluorescent light it comes with.

(Courtesy of Pixabay)

2. Add Pictures

I like adding pictures to my walls because it brings life and color to your dorm room. It helps add something to your walls to help them look less plain. You also get to see pictures of your friends, family, and pets all the time, which is also a plus! I get frames at either the dollar store or cheap ones from WalMart.

(Courtesy of Pixabay)

3. Fake Plants

Okay, I know it’s not super normal to have fake plants in your room, but I highly recommend it. It really helps add some life to your room and they look cute on your desk.

(Courtesy of Pixabay)

4. A Rug

Rugs help your room feel cozier and ‘homey’. You can get cheap rugs at WalMart or the Christmas Tree Shop (I got mine here for $15).

(Courtesy of Pixabay)

5. Curtains

I always put up curtains in my room. It helps hide the ugly blinds the room comes with. It also gives me a little more privacy in my room without having to shut my blinds and block out all-natural light.

(Courtesy of Pixabay) 

Psychology major at URI with a double minor in English and Education. Loves coffee & anything caramel, dancing, music and watching Netflix. Obsessed with all things Disney and spent a semester working at Disney's Animal Kingdom.