The Disney Princesses You Have In Your Sorority

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Once upon a time, in the srattiest kingdom of all, there was a proclamation: sorority girls never outgrow the Disney phase.

This is probably true for most of us–who else would get as excited for Disney Princess weekend on Freeform–what if Disney princesses were sorority girls? Who would they be? Each of your sister has a Disney Princess identity, but which tiara fits?

1. Sleeping Beauty – This is the sister who always manages to sleep through her morning classes or passes out in the middle of a mixer. No matter how many alarms she sets for the morning–when the entire house can hear the first 10 she bypasses–she never manages to get up on time. No matter how much she has to drink, by 12:30 a.m. she is ready to hit the sheets for a deep sleep. On Tuesday’s and Thursday’s you can find her rushing out the door to her 9:30 a.m. class at about 9:32.  If only Prince Charming was there to wake her, maybe then she would be on time.

2. Cinderella – This is the sister that loses everything, and I do mean everything. From her phone charger to her black North Face jacket (the same one half the chapter owns).  She’s super clumsy in an elegant way. Any time, day or night, she’s always asking if you’ve seen *insert most recent lost-and-found item here*. It’s a good thing she has her sisters – without you all, she’d probably never have her stuff together. 

3. Jasmine – This is the sister who’s obsessed with cats. When she got her first off-campus apartment, she adopted a kitten that she had to get rid of in a week because pets weren’t allowed in rented homes. You can also always count on her when you have a bad day. She’ll cheer you up with a kitten photo along with an optimistic tune about “a whole new world” to get through your rough  day. This sister ALWAYS looks perfect and is willing to share her clothes and hair tips with you. She’ll boost your confidence when you rock her signature crop top.

4. Ariel – This is your chapter’s Song Chair. She won the election because of her voice, which is literally the voice of an angel. When she’s teaching your new members songs and chants for recruitment, their jaws drop, and everyone knows it’s her when they hear singing walking down the hallway in the house. Though she’s a writer, she’s also making a fabulous melody for Greek Sing, and is known for winning against the other sororities. This sister is your secret weapon and friends with everyone.

5. Belle – This is your chapter’s VP of Operations. She always has her nose in a book looking for the best outcomes and for things to run smoothly. She’s also the queen of all-nighters; she stays at the library ’til hours college students shouldn’t see, studying for tomorrow’s test and writing that paper due Friday. She’s also involved in every huge organization including Greek life. She’s basically a genius and probably has one of the chapter’s highest GPAs. “There must be more than this provincial life!”

6. Pocohontas – This is the adventurer and go getter. Most of the time this is your sisterhood chair. This sister is very wise and looks forward to bonding with everyone who passes her way. She is the one planning out events that will make memories to last forever. She wants nothing but happiness for you and preaches, “If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you’ll learn things you never knew, you never knew.”

7. Mulan – This sister is your *Insert Sorority Name Here* forever king of a sister. She wears her letters on her sweater proud, makes sure everyone knows what organization she is apart of, and upholds all the qualities a TRUE sister would. She would also do anything to win Greek Week. We worship the ground this sister walks on, but she will be that girl who returns to visit the year after she graduates. 

8. Snow White – This is the sister who is more like a mother. She will cook for you at 3 a.m. if you need it, fix your hair when its out of place, give up her plans to make sure you are okay, and go through her closet to make sure you are your most confident self when you walk into that party. She’s your go to and a shoulder to cry on. 

So…which one are you?

I'm willing to make anybody smile. I write to show how I chase happiness, contain & maintain positivity, express love and thought, and pursue strength and stability.