morning products hero image?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
morning products hero image?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Emily Veith
Wellness

A Daily Routine While You’re Stuck Inside

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

9:30 am – Wake Up

Slumber Cloud

Repeat after me: You do not need to get up at the crack of dawn to have a productive day! I don’t know about you but I am NOT a morning person so getting up at 9:30 feels like a good compromise. But feel free to adjust to the time that works best for you.

10:00 am – Make a Yummy Breakfast

Peanut Butter And Jelly Pancakes
Shun Matsuhashi / Spoon

Potentially the best part of the day, breakfast is the first thing on my mind in the morning! Whether you want to make eggs and pancakes or just a bowl of oatmeal, it’s important to start your day with some fuel for your body.

10: 30 am – Get Ready for the Day

Skincare morning routine
Kevin Laminto

I know it can be really hard to get ready if you have nowhere to go but DO IT. Even if you’re just hopping on a conference call or going for a walk, just throw a new pair of sweatpants on and you will instantly feel better!

11:00 am – Start Working 

Unsplash

I know, I know, it is arguably the worst part of the day. But the sooner you start, the sooner you’re done! The work will be there no matter what so it’s better to spread it out throughout the day instead of working for six hours after dinner.

1:00 pm – Take a Lunch Break

Poke Bowl
Nancy Goa / Spoon

After all that work, you’re probably a bit hungry. By now your mind is probably starting to wander from work so this is the perfect time to make some lunch! Maybe a sandwich or if you have even more time try to cook up a new dish!

2:00 pm – A Little More Work

Laptop with white mug that says the future is female with a lipstick mark
Pexels / CoWomen

You’re not done yet! After fueling up from lunch, you should be ready to get back at it and finish your work! It can be hard if you hit a mid-day slump so make some coffee and get back on that computer!

5:00 pm – Do Something You Enjoy

book fashion plants minimal cactus cacti cool style
Dimi Boutselis / Her Campus

You’ve spent a lot of the day doing work that maybe isn’t the most enjoyable so now it is time for you to do something fun! Maybe you could grab a book and sit on a hammock or if you’re like me you can go sit in the grass and paint a bit. Regardless of what you do, make sure it is something that makes you smile!

7:00 pm – Eat Dinner

Jason Briscoe
Jason Briscoe / Unsplash

Another one of my favorite times of day! I love to cook so I constantly am looking for new recipes to make. I recently invested in a meal delivery service and I love it! No matter how you get it, make sure you have a hearty dinner to get you through to bedtime.

8:00 pm – Take a Hot Bath or Shower

girl taking bubble bath while looking at landscape
Roberto Nickson

It’s so nice to end the day in a nice hot bath (or shower if that’s what you like). Put on some of you’re favorite music and spend some time with yourself. Perhaps even reflect on your day. Not to mention you will be all clean when you crawl into your cozy bed.

9:00 pm – Watch TV or Read

Netflix symbol on TV with a hand holding a remote
Photo by freestocks.org on Unsplash

Okay, it is finally time! For those of you who love to binge TV on Netflix (me included) now is the time to do that! Getting all that cumbersome stuff done earlier in the day leaves the evenings for you and your latest Netflix favorite. Plus you have given yourself plenty of time for at least three episodes!

12:00 pm – Crawl Into Bed

Emily Veith

Okay, this has to be my favorite part of the day! There is nothing better than crawling into bed after a long productive day and getting a good night’s sleep. Sleep is one of the most crucial things for your health so be sure to catch up while you can!

My name is Katie Hannaford and I'm from Stafford, CT. I am a sophomore Health Studies major at The University of Rhode Island. I love to take cozy naps and my favorite color is yellow!