Style > Decor

Christmas Decorations to Make Your Bedroom Festive

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

To get in the holiday spirit, I like to decorate my own room to make it feel cozy and festive. Christmas is my favorite holiday of the year, simply because of the decorations that come along with it. Who doesn’t love twinkly lights and Christmas trees all over the place? Here are my cheap and cute ideas to spice up your room! 

Tinsel 

Tinsel and Garland make your room extra sparkly! I found tinsel for my room at the Dollar Store!!! It was obviously $1 and they had so many options from red to green to silver and many more. 

Christmas Tree 

I always have some sort of tree in my room whether it be 6 inches tall or 5 feet tall! The taller the tree, the more expensive it is. However, they have cute mini desk trees at the Dollar Store. Basically, so far, you only have to have spent $2. 

Wreath 

Wreaths are so cute and decorative. If you aren’t feeling a wreath, you could always get a cute wooden sign as well. I went with a sparking sign that says “Merry Christmas” in red glitter. Again, from the Dollar Store, which also had wreaths in different colors ad styles! Total: $3

Air Freshener 

The icing on the room. You could get a true air freshener, a candle, or some room spray. There are many different scents to choose from, especially if you hit up Bath and Body Works. I chose a Fresh Balsam scent in an Air Freshener that consistently lets out the scent. It smells so good and like I have a fresh tree in my room. 10/10 would recommend. 

As you can see, the previous items are very cheap. I spent a total of approximately $10 on all these decorations and I don’t regret it! The Christmas decorations totally boost my mood every time I walk into my room. I hope you decide to decorate your room too! Happy Holidays! 

Hey everyone! My name is Cassie and I am from Connecticut. I am a junior at URI majoring in pharmaceutical sciences. I am not entirely sure what I want to do with that major yet but hey, that's what college is for! I am obviously a apart of the URI Her Campus chapter and I am also a member of the Colleges Against Cancer here at URI. In this club, we plan the annual URI Relay for Life which is held down in Mackal Field House. I am so excited for our Her Campus launch and to be writitng weekly articles for you all :)