Chilly Weather Essentials for the Comfy Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Fall is upon us and the temperature has significantly dropped. For those of us who prefer comfier, more casual everyday outfits, we are forced to put away our favorite summer tees and tanks. Fortunately, there are many items of clothing and accessories that will keep us warm, cute, and cozy at the same time this fall and winter.

Men’s thermals.

If you’ve never worn a men’s thermal, you are missing out. There is nothing more comfortable than a waffle shirt that is oversized. (Plus, if you get one from a boy, it will smell like him. Score.)

2. Cute scarves.

Scarves are an easy way to make your outfit warmer and cuter. They are comfy and stylish, and all-around a perfect accessory for chilly weather.

3. Cozy moccasins.

For those who love to be as comfy as can possibly be, finding cute, comfy shoes can be a struggle. Furry moccasins are perfect because they aren’t too warm and unappealing like UGG boots. Plus, who doesn’t love getting to wear slippers in public and having it be totally acceptable?!?

4. Thick leggings.

Leggings are a great thing. Whoever once decided to make a fashion statement and wear them as pants without an awkward jean skirt over them is a saint. Unfortunately, some companies make them way too thin, causing them to not be warm enough, and to be super see-through and unflattering. Get yourself a few nice pairs of thick, comfy leggings and you will be warm, and snug looking casual and cute! (And no one will be able to see your thong underneath them.)

5. Oversized sweaters.

Cropped shirts and sweaters have been out for a while now. What is the point of wearing a warm sweater if your stomach is hanging out? Oversized sweaters go perfect with a pair of leggings or comfy jeans.

6. Hot chocolate.

Okay, it may not be a legitimate accessory, but what better thing to have than hot cocoa to-go? Especially once the super cold weather arrives, we might not survive trying to carry around our daily iced coffee. Switch to a hot chocolate or tea to be cozy, happy, and warm.

7. Flannels.

As for flannels, the bigger the better. While they can be fashionable when fitted, oversized flannels are not only comfier, but they honestly are cuter. You may want to shop in the men’s section for these.  This way you can find a nice thick, comfy, giant flannel to keep you cozy yet fashionable.

8. Cute joggers.

Joggers are great for those who constantly wish it were acceptable to leave the house in sweatpants. You can find comfy joggers for cheap at H&M and Forever 21. 

I'm a sophomore business major at URI. I'm from River Edge, New Jersey. I find joy in surrounding myself with my favorite people and making the best out of every situation. But i also find joy in eating food and laying in my bed.