The Best Shows to Binge-Watch When You Should Be Studying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

I should be studying while I write this article but here are the shows I have been watching instead:

1. The Office

The Office is one of the best shows of all time to binge-watch. With nine seasons and quick episodes, a few episodes of The Office can be a good distraction from real life for a bit. You can go in order or even watch a couple of your favorite episodes, which makes the show perfect for a good binge-watch.

2. Riverdale

Riverdale is filled with drama, comedy, intriguing plot lines and romance. Riverdale is a great show to start binge watching if you have not yet already. The show’s third season just began on The CW, so binge-watch and catch up to the thrilling drama that is unfolding!

3. Maniac

Maniac is a new limited series on Netflix that I personally just finished binge-watching. The show definitely takes you on a journey and is very thought-provoking. Emma Stone and Jonah Hill truly take on several roles in this series and it is super interesting to watch.

4. Rick and Morty

Rick and Morty is one of my favorite shows of all time. I have watched each episode dozens of times. Each time I watch the show, I always find myself laughing and forgetting about all of the things I’m stressed about. Rick and Morty is a quick watch and definitely a great distraction from all the work you have to do.

5. Desperate Housewives 

Desperate Housewives is a long series, but definitely worth the watch. The series is filled with drama but touches on a lot of things people go through in life. While the show is exaggerated and filled with comedy, it is relatable and exciting to watch!

My name is Alexa and I am from Forest Hills, New York. I am a Senior at URI studying Public Relations and Communication Studies. You can probably find me binge-watching makeup tutorials or laughing at memes.