element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Best Affordable Gifts for this Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Holiday shopping is in full force and, if you’re lucky, you may even be done. Unfortunately, many of us are still scrambling to find the best gifts out there while still saving some money.

Photo by Andrew Neel on Unsplash

No worries, because here are some of the best affordable gifts to give this season!

Amazon Echo Dot

These were on major sale throughout Black Friday and Cyber Monday for only $29.99! If you *sadly* missed the sale, they’re still only $49.99 and make such an awesome gift because they have so many cool features.

Blanket Scarf

Blanket scarves are a total winner for your mom, friends, or the other ladies in your life. They’re warm, cozy, and super affordable. You can find them on Amazon for as low as $8.99! If you have Amazon Prime, it’ll arrive to your door within two days.

Warm socks

Remember when you were a kid and you hated receiving socks as a present? Well, I don’t know about you, but I’ve grown to LOVE getting socks as a gift. In fact, they may just be my favorite gift to receive. Fuzzy socks, wool socks, ski socks, camp socks, etc. They’re all fabulous. The J. Crew camp socks are adorable and look great popping out of the top of a cute pair of boots!

Candles

Candles are another gift that you just can’t go wrong with. Target has some great options for affordable and fragrant-filled candles. They also have plenty of candles with a Christmas/holiday theme so you can purchase them as festive gifts!

Soft blankets

Since many of us spend half the winter season wrapped up in a cozy fleece blanket, who wouldn’t want to receive this gift for the holidays? You can find cozy blankets for $10 or less and they’re a great gift to give your friends and family. They’ll definitely get lots of use out of them this winter!

What affordable gifts are you purchasing this year?

Hannah is the President and Co-Campus Correspondent of URI's chapter of Her Campus. She will graduate from the University of Rhode Island in 2019 with a BA in Communication Studies and a double minor in Business and Writing/Rhetoric. Hannah grew up in York, Maine and followed her love for the ocean to Rhode Island for her undergraduate degree. You can usually find her at the beach with SPF 75 in hand or trying to master a new yoga pose. Check out her Instagram (hannah.k.will) to keep up!