This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

In an industry that is saturated with so many brands and products, it can be hard to figure out which brands to support. While you may already have some favorite brands in mind, here are some that are making a difference in the world that you may want to check out:

1. Thrive Causemetics

Thrive Causemetics was built on the basis of beauty with a purpose. Thrive Causemetics’ products are vegan and cruelty-free with no parabens or sulfates. For every product purchased, the brand donates to women to thrive. 

2. IT Cosmetics

IT Cosmetics is all about empowering women and giving back to a greater cause.  IT Cosmetics has partnered with the Look Good Feel Better program to donate over $24 million in products to help women facing the effects of cancer. With the purchase of select brow products, a matching set will be provided to a woman going through hair loss so that she can also feel beautiful even through a tough time. 

3. LUSH

LUSH is a brand that is cruelty-free and vegan. Not only does LUSH provide products that help us look our best, but truly feel our best as well. While helping protect animal rights, LUSH created the Sustainable Lush Fund. The fund uses 100% of profits from its body lotion, Charity Pot, to support “humanitarian, environmental and animal rights causes locally and around the world.”

4. Colourpop

Colourpop is a brand that is loved by many. Colourpop‘s affordable, great quality products are not tested on animals and come straight from the lab to the consumer. Recently, Colourpop has teamed up with the Best Friends Animal Society to release products honoring No-Kill LA. All proceeds from the collaboration will go straight to benefiting these animals in need.

My name is Alexa and I am from Forest Hills, New York. I am a Senior at URI studying Public Relations and Communication Studies. You can probably find me binge-watching makeup tutorials or laughing at memes.