This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Honestly, part of me hates that I still binge-watch Sex and the City. the other part, well really enjoys it. My best friends and I can literally binge watch it all night and relate it to our own lives. My main reasoning for watching is obviously fashion. I’m not really sure which character’s outfits I love the most, but if I had to guess I’d say, Samantha. Although Carrie is a close second. Like, there’s Miranda with that business-chic look, Carrie with the tight, unpredictable outfits (that sometimes get way out of hand), Charlotte with the conservative-chic, and Samantha’s like classic not so classy outfits. I mean some of their looks are total drags, but usually, I really am jealous of whatever new outfit any of the women have on. I really love how all the women’s styles vary so differently, and well all the men in the show look the same. Half the reason I watch the show is for my very own style-inspo.

Not only is the fashion in the show my go-to for watching, but I love how Carrie and her column works its way into the show. Carrie’s sex column is basically her asking the questions that pop up in her and her three friends’ lives about the men they date, and some of it gets relatable, while some of it is pretty far-fetched. Carrie asks all the unaskable questions and the episodes revolve around solving them. 

The Lalathree Girls Sitting By A Fountain
Her Campus Media

Their lives revolve around work, sex, and food, and honestly, it doesn’t seem like a bad way to live. The friendship around the four of them is hysterical too; its as if after something blows up in one of their faces, brunch the next morning will be the quick fix. Actually, to be honest, now that I think about it, how do I get Carrie’s job and be part of their friend group? Maybe that’s why I still watch the show, I think I’m still trying to figure out what I want to do with life, and well each of them is successful enough to own an apartment in New York City and have a shopping addiction, so why can’t I? Can I become a woman who can afford rent in the city, a pair of Jimmy Choos a week, and a happening social life *Carrie Bradshaw voice*? Yes, I think I can. 

The Lalacandles Books Laptop
Her Campus Media

My name is Mackenzie Moraski, I am a freshman and I'm undecided! In my free time I love playing with my dog.