etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

9 Inexpensive Luxuries To Treat Yo’Self To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Sometimes you just gotta fake it ’till you make it right? Self-restraint is difficult when it comes to surfing your favorite style blogs and beauty websites only to see a new gadget or product that you just have to have. But then you check the price, and as you contemplate your life decisions, you simply leave the product in your imaginary ‘cart’ and sigh as you put your credit card back into your wallet. For college girls on the go, you must make time for yourself to indulge in pampering of all aspects without breaking your bank. Here are nine awesome products for the low that you need to treat yourself to right now.

1. A satin robe or kimono is the perfect attire after that “I’m finally going to shave my legs” type of shower. 

Amazon: $7.00-$14.99​

2. We tend to forget the importance of handwritten notes as our laptops have taken over our lives. Invest in a set colorful gel pens to start loving note-taking again as well as keeping yourself color coordinated.

Target: $10.19

3. It’s a good feeling when it feels like someone just gets you, and understands exactly what you need. This is Birchbox – only a $10/month subscription and includes samples of five beauty products tailored to your skin, hair and style. Plus, they’re totally Instagramable. 

Birchbox: $10/month ships free (other subscriptions available)

4. Two words. Flannel sheets. They will completely transform your bed into a warm cocoon, which will make it easier for you to relax your body for a better sleep – perfect for these upcoming fall and winter nights. (Disclaimer: may make it much harder to get up in the morning).

Target: Starting at $22.79

5. Jade rollers cool, tighten and de-puff facial tissue to maintain healthy circulation when it’s rolled on the face. It can also tighten pores and reduce the appearance of under eye circles. I mean, if you’re not sold yet, it’s only $20 and can add a little bit of luxe to your morning routines. 

Urban Outfitters: $20.00

6. When we think of pampering ourselves, it’s only right to think of a bubble bath. This bath pillow will let you relax even more and attaches right to the back of your tub. It’s also mold and mildew resistant!

Walmart: $24.89

7. Your hair will thank you for making the transition from a cotton to a silk pillow case. Not only will it help prevent breakage, but it will keep you cooler and having you feel like you’re at a 5 star resort every night. 

Amazon: $22.99

8. Just to keep it boujee, this refillable crystal perfume atomizer is perfect to transform the look of your favorite scent while just overall making you feel fancy. 

Amazon: $11.99

9. Last but certainly not least, get yourself a matching pajama set! This could range from a velvet two piece or your traditional matching fleece set. This combined with your flannel sheets and silk pillow case = you’re ready for the best sleep of your life. 

Forever 21: $24.90, $19.90, $19.90