etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Ways The Lizzie McGuire Movie Set Your Travel Expectations Way Too High

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Spring Break is inching closer and we’re stoked.  No class, no homework, and no worries.  You may even be taking the trip of a lifetime with your best friends.  Go ahead and finish packing, but before you say “Ciao”, take a look at how Lizzie McGuire had one of the best adventures (and movie soundtracks) of all time. 

1. Lizzie gets to go to Rome with her best friend, Gordo. 

No parents, no problem. Besides Ms. Ungermeyer, the student to chaperone ratio made for an exciting trip. Everyone knows school trips are perfect for testing adult authority, a.k.a. seeing how much you can get away with! Gordo is the perfect sidekick—he’s got every quality of a great friend PLUS he works that curly hair like no one else.

2. Their hotel is ridiculously nice.

Is she staying at the Ritz Carlton? While watching the movie, you can’t help but notice how nice her hotel room is. You can’t compete with a king size bed and a killer view. 

3. Lizzie stumbles upon an attractive foreign guy (who is also a pop star, no big deal).

All you need to do is close your eyes, make a wish, and toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain, and BOOM—you get a Paolo! Simple as that. Now you try it and get back to us on the results.

4. Lizzie gets mistaken for a pop star and gets the royal treatment.

She gets to walk the runway of an Italian designer. Casual. Oh, and on the way there, she signs autographs and takes pictures. Hello, fabulous! What itinerary is she following and where can I get one?

5. She cruises around on a Vespa (with Paolo). 

Lizzie ditches Ms. Ungermeyer and the rest of her class to sightsee with Paolo. Gordo even covers for her! But this girl isn’t taking an Uber or a tour bus; she’ll just hop on the back of a Vespa with her hot foreign boy toy.  Ugh, they make helmets look so cool. 

6. She sings on stage at the Italian Music Awards. 

On your vacation, you might be lucky enough to go to a concert.  For Lizzie, she WAS the concert.  In a matter of seconds, she transforms into an insanely talented performer. And when did have time to learn the choreographed dance? PEOPLE, THIS IS WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF.

7. She finds *~love~*.

Most people leave a trip with a shot glass or cheesy tee shirt, but Lizzie takes the prize for best souvenir. Forget Paolo, Gordo’s the way to go! You know what, scratch what we just said; THIS is what dreams are made of.

There you have it: Lizzie gets her adventure, setting the bar high for travel expectations since 2003.  Bon Voyage and happy Spring Breaking!

Jamie is a freshman Communication Studies major at the University of Rhode Island. While she is not mourning the loss of Chelsea Lately, she enjoys watching Saturday Night Live, taking Buzzfeed quizzes, or making the mistake of stalking Instagram food accounts while on an empty stomach. Sarcasm is her forte and she strongly believes in leggings and reality television; if she cannot be a Kardashian, at least she can write about them.