alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Things About You That Change in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

It’s been said that you find your bridesmaids in college and that is true, for many reasons. One of those reasons being is that you truly find yourself during your college years, and all of your best friends are there to go through it with you. Numerous things will change about you, but that’s just something to accept about your college years of life.

1. You don’t care as much about what people think of you.

“The unhappiest people in this world are those who care the most about what other people think.” –C. Joybelle C.

2. You learn that if you don’t have your own back, no one will.

“I am in charge of how I feel and today I am choosing happiness.”

3. Your views on life and people change.

“When you are a giraffe and you receive criticism from turtles, they are reporting the view from the level they are on.” –T.D. Jakes

4. You become more accepting of yourself and the people around you.

“To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” – Thich Nhat Hanh

5. You live for yourself and not for anybody else.

“Your life only gets better when you do. Work on yourself and the rest will follow.”

6. You learn that looks aren’t the only thing that matter about yourself.

“No beauty shines brighter than that of a good heart.”

7. You begin to live your life like you only have one day left because father time is creeping up on you.

“You can’t do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth.” –Evan Esar

The worry of change dwells in every person’s mind, but the word change isn’t something to fear. There is so much to learn and live for that change should come natural and be embraced.

Please write a short bio here! And don't forget to add a photograph!!