6 Shows to Binge Watch on Netflix this Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Welcome to college, where we have an unnecessarily long winter break, but we all honestly need it. Hopefully you’ll have some free time this winter break to catch up on some fabulous Netflix shows that you’ve missed out on while drowning in school work this semester!

Photo by Samantha Gades on Unsplash

1. Friends

This one is a true classic. If you haven’t seen Friends yet, you need to watch this on Netflix ASAP. It’s funny, witty and will always leave you feeling good.

2. Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life

This one definitely got mixed reviews, simply because the original seasons of Gilmore Girls were just so fabulous. This more modernized extension of the original television series, created specifically for Netflix, will definitely leave you feeling warm and fuzzy and loving the cast even more. 

3. Riverdale

Have you heard the world absolutely RAVING about this show? I know I have. I haven’t personally finished this series yet, but so far I think it’s really good! It’s definitely suspenseful and holds your attention.

4. The Office

Watching The Office is a necessity for any human. I immediately fell in love with this show and all the awesome characters. The episodes are pretty short so it’s a great show to binge or just watch sporadically in your spare time.

5. Gossip Girl

Xoxo…You need to watch this. This show is completely captivating. The fashion, the characters, the drama. Just wow.

6. Gilmore Girls

In all honestly, while I love A Year in the Life, nothing will ever top the original Gilmore Girls. I would recommend watching this one before the newest addition to the television show. It will make you laugh, cry and much more.

Hannah is the President and Co-Campus Correspondent of URI's chapter of Her Campus. She will graduate from the University of Rhode Island in 2019 with a BA in Communication Studies and a double minor in Business and Writing/Rhetoric. Hannah grew up in York, Maine and followed her love for the ocean to Rhode Island for her undergraduate degree. You can usually find her at the beach with SPF 75 in hand or trying to master a new yoga pose. Check out her Instagram (hannah.k.will) to keep up!