photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

6 Reasons Why Fall is the Best Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Fall is the third and best season of the year; temperatures slowly decline and the demand for pumpkin spice lattes quickly goes up.

1. Cozy sweater weather

It’s that time of year again, where being cozy is also fashionable! Nothing is better than rolling out of bed and throwing on a fluffy knit sweater with a pair of leggings.

*Photo Courtesy of Jakob Owens from Unsplash*

2. Pumpkin EVERYTHING

When pumpkin flavored goodies start appearing, you know we have entered the fall season. Nothing gets the internet and college girls everywhere more excited than Starbucks bringing the PSL out of retirement. Name a better duo than a PSL and slice of pumpkin pie, I’ll wait. If pumpkin isn’t your thing, apple flavored goodies are back in season too!

*Photo Courtesy of Toa Heftiba from Unsplash*

3. Halloween

This is Halloween, this is Halloween! It is finally time for spooky corn mazes, haunted houses, and watching Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas for the thousandth time. ‘Tis the season to plan out your Halloween costume with your squad and enjoy all the fun Halloween activities!

*Photo Courtesy of Beth Teutschmann from Unsplash*

4. Fall foliage

Reds, yellows, oranges and browns. The colors of fall are more than warm and inviting. New England is well known for the beautiful landscape the trees provide as they lose their chlorophyll. It also makes the perfect backdrop for Insta pics!

*Photo Courtesy of Dayne Topkin from Unsplash*

5. Clocks “fall” back

Daylight savings is both a blessing and a curse. Thankfully in the fall it’s the former. At 2 a.m. on November 5th we set our clocks to fall back an hour. Why? So college students can catch some extra zzz’s and rays of course!

*Photo Courtesy of Sonja Langford from Unsplash*

6. Thanksgiving

Not only are you taking a break from school, you also get to take a break from the food in the dining halls. Finally, you are able to eat a hearty meal and catch up with all the family members you probably haven’t seen since you moved in. It’s great to reconnect with everyone and be back in your hometown. Plus, what is better than all the pie you can eat?

*Photo Courtesy of Chloe Benko-Prieur from Unsplash*

Emma is currently a junior at the University of Rhode Island. She is a double major, majoring in Writing & Rhetoric, and Japanese. Besides being a full time student, she loves spending her free time reading, watching anime, crying/laughing over cat videos, traveling, and is a big foodie. To be apart of all her crazy adventures follow her on Instagram @emmawaleska.