6 Locations for a Perfect Girls Night Out in Newport

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Ladies, it is time to leave the men at HOME because we are having a GIRLS NIGHT. Everyone in the state of Rhode Island knows that if you’re trying to go out, get classy and have a good time that you do it in Newport. Newport is filled with cute boutiques, sweet shops and intriguing different restaurants unlike your typical TGI Fridays or Providence Place Mall venue. Did I just mention eating and shopping in the same sentence?

Who: All of your BFFs

What: Girls night out

When: This Saturday night

Where: Um, I think I’ve eaten at every restaurant in the state of Rhode Island. Where DO we go?

Here are six different places to eat and shop at in Newport to complete your girl’s night out invitation and make your night out with the girls one to remember.

1. Brick Alley Pub – Rated number eight out of 184 restaurants in Newport, this restaurant offers a variety of different foods that will leave any visitor in a food coma. Make sure to try their famous and award winning Creamy Newport Clam Chowder.

2. Pink Pineapple – Sounds like a food place, but really it’s only the cutest shop you’ll ever walk into. Forget an accessory to match your new fall fashion pants you have on? The Pink Pineapple has it all.

3. Stoneacre Pantry – This restaurant leaves guests with that WOW factor. They have both French and American cuisines, incase you wanted to try something completely new. If your sweet tooth is acting up by the end of your entrée, check out the Hazelnut- Chocolate Mousse with Cocoa Strousal & Whipped Crème Fraiche.

4. Tropical Gangsters – No, this boutique does not sell low-rise flower swim trunks and beach attire for tourists, however, if you’re looking for all the trendy styles you see on social media, Tropical Gangsters is perfect for you. From clothes for hitting the night scene, to something casual to throw on for class, make your way to Thames street.

5. Mission – If you’re on a mission to eat some great burgers and hot dogs, Mission is your spot to be with the girls. Not feeling anything too classy and kind of want to make girls night out your cheat day? Dig into a delicious chili cheeseburger and a side of fries!

6. Sunya Boutique – Be careful, this cute shop will leave you without any cash for dinner! These clothes are hard to find anywhere else, fashion forward and very hard to pass up.

These six places will have your gals responding YES faster than they can think! Get ready to take over Newport for a fabulous and eventful evening. 

Please write a short bio here! And don't forget to add a photograph!!