neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Habits To Pick Up If You’re Always Late

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Being late isn’t fashionable or fun; it’s stressful and unproductive. As busy college women juggling our GPAs, careers, extracurricular activities, and social lives, we can’t afford to be late. There comes a time when we run out of excuses. Here are 6 habits to help you stay on time, even if you hit that snooze button once in a while.

1. Prepare for your day the night before

Layout your clothes, pack your bags, and prepare your lunch. Not only will you save time, but you’ll also be less likely to forget something the next morning, or venture to the vending machine for lunch.2. Ask yourself what is more important

Meaning, ask yourself whether 15 more minutes of sleep is worth being late to that test. Being late is the result of valuing something more than being on time.3. Prioritize

Yes, color-coding your closet could be productive, but not when you have a midterm tomorrow. Realize that you’re procrastinating. Try making a to-do list, and number the tasks in order of importance.4. Plan in advance

Google Calendar is color-coded, easy to edit, and sends you notifications the night before an event. If you like seeing your schedule written down in front of you, invest in a planner instead. Regardless, keep your schedule organized and up-to-date.

5. Be realistic

Stop underestimating how long a task will take you to complete. Accept the fact that you cannot shower in only 5 minutes, and your commute will never be traffic-free. Start paying attention to how long it actually takes you to do your make up, plus, account for a few extra minutes here and there to give yourself some wiggle room.6. Finish tasks ahead of time

Use any free time that you have to get ahead for the week. I can guarantee that you will be less stressed, and much more productive. Giving yourself more time will ultimately set you up to reach your academic, career, and personal goals.