5 Ways to Motivate Yourself During Finals

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

*All photos are courtesy of the Her Campus URI Instagram*

It’s that time of year again! After a long semester of hard work, finals have *finally* arrived. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but we have one final push. It’s so easy to lose motivation during finals week with the holidays just around the corner. Here are five great ways to stay motivated during these final days of the semester so you can survive and thrive.

1. Take care of yourself

Perhaps the best way to de-stress is to indulge in some self-care. Whether it’s laying in bed watching your favorite Netflix series, doing a face mask, or having a spa night, do whatever you can to make sure you’re taking care of yourself. 

We know it can be tough to get enough sleep during finals (although you should really TRY). Sometimes though, it just doesn’t happen. You can use the Alba Botanica® Fast Fix for Puffy Eyes Cooling Eye-Revive Gel when you need a fast fix for those tired, puffy eyes. This cooling gel revives the under eye area while cucumber, green tea and caffeine help stimulate, energize and reduce puffiness. The bottle is the perfect size to keep with you on the go while studying at the library or your favorite coffee shop! It’s important to pay attention to the under eye area because it is often neglected.

2. Get ready, even if you just feel like being lazy

During finals, we’re often inclined to bundle up in our coziest clothes under a soft blanket. Hey, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with this, but at least once a week during finals try to get ready and have fun with your makeup. The Tarteist™ PRO Palette paired with the Lights, Camera, Lashes™ mascara is the perfect go-to look! The Tarteist™ PRO Palette is a professional eye shadow palette filled with pigmented shades created from natural ingredients. The Lights, Camera, Lashes™ mascara is a true classic, and has been a cult-favorite for over a decade! This best-selling, vegan mascara lengthens, volumizes and conditions your lashes. AND it doesn’t flake!

Doing your makeup and getting ready for the day can actually be really motivating. There’s no need to get completely glam, but getting ready and looking cute is definitely fun!

3. Be confident

Exerting confidence is a great way to stay motivated. Your confidence will rub off on others and everyone that spends time with you will also start to feel more empowered! Going into finals week can be overwhelming, but going in with confidence and the mindset that you’ll totally ROCK THIS is the perfect way to ensure success…plus some studying, of course.

The #ActuallySheCan campaign created tank tops in partnership with Le Motto. This inspiring female empowerment campaign is by Allergan, a leader in women’s healthcare. Le Motto makes it easy to express yourself fashionably in a way that promotes positivity through handwritten graphics expressing good words and kind thoughts. Le Motto is currently offering Her Campus readers a 25% discount at checkout! Use code “HerCampus.”

All women deserve to feel confident, especially during finals week! Check out the #ActuallySheCan tanks to get the perfect studying gear!

4. Be prepared

It’s essential to be prepared in every way during finals week. In addition to studying, it’s important to make sure that you have everything you could possibly need on hand. 

Hand lotion is an absolute essential, so a great way to motivate yourself during finals is to keep your favorite, delicious smelling hand lotion with you at all times. We’re loving the Being hand creams because they smell like heaven and are super moisturizing! The Salted Caramel & Macadamia Hand Cream and the Cloudberry & Lychee Blossom Hand Cream will make you feel unstoppable. Being believes that every girl can run the world and smell great while doing it! Grab your Being hand cream and add it to your finals survival kit ASAP!

5. Get into the holiday spirit

This may seem like it will actually de-motivate you, but listen here. Decorating your dorm, house or apartment is a great way to remind yourself that finals will be over soon and then the holiday season can commence. Who isn’t motivated to study when they know what is just around the corner? Plus, nothing feels better than knowing you’ve aced your finals and are heading into the holidays without a worry in the world.

If you want to make some cute DIY holiday decor, make sure you have some Krazy Glue All Purpose Singles 4ct.-0.5g on hand because the glue is perfect for adding extra decor to boring holiday wreaths or creating your own awesome trinkets. The glue bonds wood, metals, plastic, glass, vinyl and ceramics.

Hannah is the President and Co-Campus Correspondent of URI's chapter of Her Campus. She will graduate from the University of Rhode Island in 2019 with a BA in Communication Studies and a double minor in Business and Writing/Rhetoric. Hannah grew up in York, Maine and followed her love for the ocean to Rhode Island for her undergraduate degree. You can usually find her at the beach with SPF 75 in hand or trying to master a new yoga pose. Check out her Instagram (hannah.k.will) to keep up!