nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Things To Do When You’re Bored

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Are you ever so bored that you actually begin to stress out? Here are some activities that you can do when you have absolutely no idea what to do.

1. Read a book

Reading is my favorite pastime. It allows your mind to drift far away as you immerse yourself into the story. Before you know it, an hour has gone by and you’re thinking to yourself, “where did the time go?!” Head over to the local library or bookstore and pick up the latest best seller. Two new releases with great reviews that you can pick up are Paul Takes the Form of a Mortal Girl by Andrea Lawlor and The Beginning of the World in the Middle of the Night by Jen Campbell.

2. Color

Adult coloring books are the new trend and they are absolutely amazing! They are super relaxing, entertaining and they immediately alleviate stress. It has also been scientifically proven that adult coloring books are a form of therapy and can be a great alternative to meditation. There are a variety of different designs such as geometric shapes, mandalas, floral prints and many more!

3. Organize something

Organizing can feel so good once you are done. Find something in your room or house to organize! Go through your closet or attic and get to work! If you find yourself wanting to throw stuff away, take a trip to your local donation center and donate any gently used items.

4. Go for a walk

Going for a walk can pass the time and it’s also a great way to clear your mind from school, relationships, etcetera. Keep your phone inside your purse or pocket so you can enjoy the fresh air, nature and alone time. Walking is also a great form of exercise and can help you get your steps in for the day! 

5. Pinterest

Getting lost on Pinterest is an everyday affair that I am extremely guilty of. Whenever I’m bored, I go on Pinterest and find myself glued to the screen for hours. Pinterest is the perfect way to find new things that you like. There are thousands of boards that you can follow and scroll through. Pinterest is home to so many ideas from outfits to home décor to DIY canvas!