5 Reasons Why A Crock-Pot Will Change Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

If you don’t have a Crock-Pot, also known as a slow cooker, put one on your Amazon wish list ASAP. Here is why a Crock-Pot will change your life. 

1. No more fuss around dinner time!

If you’re like me, you don’t have the time or energy to prepare a nice meal by the time you get home. Put the pasta down and whip out your slow cooker. Crock-Pots slowly cook whatever ingredients are inside of them so that you don’t have to! They can operate anywhere from four to ten hours, so feel free to go live your life while your Crock-Pot does the work. 

Step one: Throw a bunch of ingredients into your Crock-Pot in the AM

Step two: Go to class

Step three: Work up a sweat in the gym

Step four: Study in the library for a couple of hours

Step five: Come home in the PM to a hot and delicious dinner

2. The gift that keeps on giving

If you aren’t sharing the contents of your Crock-Pot, you will definitely have leftovers. On average, my Crock-Pot concoctions will feed me four to five nights. I could eat beef stew every night for a month and not get sick of it, so hopefully you don’t mind a little repetition in your meals. Just make sure you have lots of Tupperware. 

3. Cheap ingredients, happy wallet

One of the wondrous things about Crock-Pots is that they make inexpensive ingredients taste like a million bucks! Even a cheap and tough beef roast will fall to pieces after 10 hours in your slow cooker. I once made mac n’ cheese in my Crock-Pot for a group of 30 girls that ended up costing me less than $12! Delegate the money you save on meals to your coffee fund; we both know you need it. 

4. Who needs candles?

Your Crock-Pot will make your entire house or apartment smell like what you are making. Who needs a bunch of candles when you can easily make your house smell like BBQ pulled pork or veggie chili? After a long day, nothing is better than opening the door and inhaling the delightful smells of your dinner.

5. The sky is the limit

You can make absolutely anything in a slow cooker. You can make stews, soups, fajitas, casseroles, chili and more! If you’re craving sweets, you can also prepare desserts in your Crock-Pot. Apple crisp, monkey bread, cakes, cobblers and so much more.

URI Her Campus Senior Editor. Third year student-athlete majoring in Gender & Women's Studies/Sociology. You can find me in the library sporting my black leggings/oversized sweater combo, my eyes glued to an autobiography written by one of my many feminist heroes. Sipping an iced coffee of course!