etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Reasons to Go to Disney Over Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Disney World is the happiest place on earth. I can attest to this because I have been over six times and it never gets old. No matter their age, everyone enjoys Disney. From the food to the rides and everything in between, there is nothing not to love about Disney World. Disney can definitely be expensive, but you can start saving your money now and take the trip the spring break of your senior year! Here are my five most convincing reasons to take a trip to Disney, ASAP.

1. It’s on your bucket list

Whether it be to go somewhere during spring break in general or if you have never been to Disney World, I am sure one or both of these things are on your bucket list. And if it’s not, you better add it. I have multiple things on my bucket list relating to Disney, like staying at every resort and eating around the Epcot World Showcase.

2. The food is delish

Photo courtesy of PhotoPin

The food options at Disney are endless. There are restaurants around every corner at each park and hotel. However, the best food at Disney is definitely the snacks. Nothing beats a Mickey pretzel, Dole Whip or a Mickey Premium Bar. My favorite snack is the pretzel with cheese sauce. I must admit I had one every day of my trip this past summer…don’t worry, I shared it with my boyfriend every time so I didn’t gain all my vacation weight from just Mickey pretzels.

3. Drinking around the World Showcase

If you are not a Disney fanatic like me, you may not know what the World Showcase is. It is a section of the park, Epcot, that represents 11 different countries with their customs and foods. You *must* be 21 or over to partake in this activity. Drinking around the Showcase is where you sample one alcoholic drink from each country. Good thing Disney has many means of transportation, so you don’t have to drive after the drinking tour.

4. All of the rides

Photo Courtesy of PhotoPin 

My favorite part about Disney is definitely the rides. There is something enjoyable for everyone. If you don’t like roller coasters, that’s totally fine! Disney created so many rides perfect for the non-thrill seeker, such as the boat rides and moving carts. However, if you do like roller coasters, Disney definitely has enough to satisfy your needs. The Magic Kingdom has the most diverse collection of rides, which is why it is my favorite. My favorite ride there is “It’s A Small World.” Even though the song can get very annoying, it is still a classic.

5. The beautiful resorts

If you feel like you’re already spending a boat load of money between the flights and the park tickets, then no need to worry! Disney has four categories of hotels: value, moderate, deluxe and deluxe villas. Obviously the nicest and most expensive resorts are the deluxe villas. However, the value resorts are just as fun! They are also the cheapest, which is very nice because it can work with college students’ budgets! To me, the best part about staying at a Disney resort is experiencing the different resorts’ themes. The rooms, lobby and the grounds all just have the same feel, whether it be the Wilderness or Caribbean. They are all so unique! 

Hey everyone! My name is Cassie and I am from Connecticut. I am a junior at URI majoring in pharmaceutical sciences. I am not entirely sure what I want to do with that major yet but hey, that's what college is for! I am obviously a apart of the URI Her Campus chapter and I am also a member of the Colleges Against Cancer here at URI. In this club, we plan the annual URI Relay for Life which is held down in Mackal Field House. I am so excited for our Her Campus launch and to be writitng weekly articles for you all :)