This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Have you ever attempted to study in the library only to find that there is no good place to sit? There are so many other places around campus that provide great study environments! Whether you are an introvert who prefers quiet places or an extravert who loves background noise, there is always a place for you!

1. Outside the Pharmacy Building

Have you ever gone out on the deck outside of the pharmacy building? It is a fantastic place to study! On nicer days, the deck is very peaceful with a beautiful view of the Pharmacy Medicinal Garden. This area is a great alternative to the busy quad if you want to study outdoors.

2. CBLS

At the end of the hallways in CBLS there are study rooms! These study rooms contain huge whiteboards and tables which is perfect for group studying or spreading out all of your work. They also have beautiful plants which adds a homey touch to your study space. Also, for the coffee and tea lovers, Dunkin Donuts is only a floor away!

3. Harrington Hub in Ranger Hall

The newly opened Harrington Hub is a relaxed place to take your study materials to! With big, comfortable chairs and TV’s to hook up your laptop to, this area is one of the best places to get some alone time to focus on your studies. This area definitely caters more to those students who need peace and quiet while getting their work done.

4. Rhody Market

Rhody Market is a great space for the people who need some sort of background noise while they study. Here, there will never be peace and quiet because something is always going on! However, the room is spacious and with the new tables, there is plenty of room to spread out your work and get some work done. It is also the perfect spot if you know you will be needing coffee and a quick snack during your study break.

5. Renting study rooms in the library

Not many students know that you can rent a study room in the library. This is a great way to guarantee peace, quiet and alone time! The study rooms are available for only 3 hours at a time but you can always renew the space if you need to extend your study session. All you have to do is ask the front desk if there’s a room available and they will give you a key in exchange for your student ID. Super simple and quick!