ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Pinterest Inspired Gifts that Every Mother Will Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

With Mother’s Day about a month away, what are you going to give your mom to show her how much you love her? Sadly, at this point giving your mom the gift of your love and life isn’t an option.

1. Mother’s Day in a Jar

Photo courtesy of Pinterest 

Fill a jar up with all things your mom likes. Go random or set a theme such as the beach or her favorite color.

2. Mason Jar Picture Frame Vase

Photo by Marcus Cramer on Unsplash

Giving her flowers on holidays is a given but make them personal by painting a vase. Print out a wallet-sized picture. Tape off the area where the picture is going to be placed. Paint the jar and tape the picture inside the given area.

3. DIY Mugs

Photo by Maira Gallardo on Unsplash

Find a cheap plain white mug. Find a cute saying or pattern and go for it.

4. DIY Photo Tiles

Photo by Dan Gold on Unsplash

Go to your local home improvement store and buy 4×4 plain white tiles. Then all you’ll need is pictures of you and your family and some Mod Podge. You can choose to add a hanger or adhesive to the back of the tiles or just wait until you give the gift.

5. DIY Sign/Picture Board

Photo courtesy of Pinterest 

Gather up all the pictures of you and your mom or any other pictures of you and your siblings. Find a cute saying, a pun or a small poem and decorate a canvas or wooden board.

No matter what you want to make for your mom, don’t stress out if it comes out “bad” because just remember she “loved” those six macaroni necklaces and hand printed flowers that she got every year from you when you were in elementary school.

I'm Natalie Prisco and I am a Senior at the University of Rhode Island majoring in Kinesiology on the Physical Therapy track. I am one of the Campus-Correspondents at URI. In my free time you can catch me going to the gym, hanging out with friends or binge watching Netflix.