This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

It’s officially the holiday season, ladies (and gents). Happy *almost* holidays! There are SO many Christmas movies out there that everyone enjoys, but I decided to pick the top five that everyone has probably seen *at least* ten times! I have to admit, these are also all of my personal favorites. If you haven’t seen any of these movies, then you are in for a real treat no matter how old you are! 

1. Elf

The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear :) 

2. The Santa Clause series

No matter if you watch the first, second, or third movie, you will not be disappointed. These were my favorite Christmas movies growing up!

3. Dr. Seuss’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Jim Carrey is the perfect actor to play the Grinch. I could not imagine anyone else playing the role better. 

4. The Polar Express

You can’t tell me that the hot chocolate isn’t your favorite part. It’s amazing.

5. Literally any Hallmark Christmas movie

Hallmark makes the cheesiest, yet cutest Christmas movies. They are so predictable after the first five minutes, but you still want to see Carrie fall in love with Matthew. A new one this year that my roommate and I strongly recommend is A Christmas Prince.

Hey everyone! My name is Cassie and I am from Connecticut. I am a junior at URI majoring in pharmaceutical sciences. I am not entirely sure what I want to do with that major yet but hey, that's what college is for! I am obviously a apart of the URI Her Campus chapter and I am also a member of the Colleges Against Cancer here at URI. In this club, we plan the annual URI Relay for Life which is held down in Mackal Field House. I am so excited for our Her Campus launch and to be writitng weekly articles for you all :)