This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Finals season is approaching people! Whether you live in a dorm or off-campus, you are going to have to study for finals at some point. Let’s be honest, the library is going to be a zoo and where you live may not be as quiet, so where do you study?

Below I have listed five local coffee shops that offer delicious food, seating areas to lay out all your work and a change of scenery for all of us who are struggling.

1. Cool Beans Cafe

You can never go wrong with iced coffee and acai bowls. Located at 18 Kingstown Road, this could be your next study location! It is quiet, next to Narragansett Beach and has plenty of space, what more could you ask for?

Photo by Ana do Amaral 

2. TLC Coffee Roasters

Located at 3362 Kingstown Road, this cafe is practically on the University of Rhode Island campus. Whether it is their breakfast or lunch sandwiches, TLC will always provide a delicious meal and a serene environment.

Photo by David F. 

3. Starbucks

Located at 600 Kingstown Road, this is your go-to cafe. You know the drill, your regular coffee and a nice corner table. Starbucks is a cafe you can always rely on for some much-needed study time. 

Photo by Dimaz Fakhruddin 

4. Brewed Awakenings Coffee House 

Located at 60 South County Commons Way G2, this cafe may become your new library. Couches, tables and iced coffee? A combo we need this finals season. An overabundance of seating and delicious beverages makes this the perfect place to study. 

Photo by Alesia Kazantceva​

5. Java Madness

Located at 134 Salt Pond Road, this cafe is your home away from home. This coffee shop offers indoor and outdoor seating, and is located next to a marina. Flavorful coffee and views of boats will help you prepare for finals this semester.