This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

It’s that time of year when the leaves change color and your go to drink is now a hot coffee instead of an iced. Fall is easily my favorite season because I can finally wear cardigans and jeans, and not feel sweat on every inch of my body. I also love all the cute potential dates like pumpkin and apple picking, or haunted hay rides. However, one of my favorite fall dates is staying in and having a Halloween movie marathon. Here are my top three movies that are a must-sees this fall!

1. Coraline 

A light-hearted movie about a young girl who recently moved into a creepy old house. As she roams around the house in boredom, she comes across a secret door that changes everything. I love claymation movies and it is just the right amount of spooky and cute!

2. Halloweentown

Such a classic! I remember watching this 10 times a month on Disney channel when I was younger. I remember wanting to be Marnie so badly and wishing that my grandma had powers of a witch too. A girl can dream.

3. Night of the Living Dead

Ever since I was a little girl, horror movies have been my favorite genre. My dad is a huge movie geek and I adopted the obsession for movies because of him. During the month of October, we would watch the movie together, multiple times even. It is very scary and as 80’s movie cheesy as you can get, but the story line is killer and the zombies are even cooler. Definitely a good one to watch if you’re feeling courageous.

Brooke Conneally is a sophomore at the University of Rhode Island, majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Communications. She spends most of her time playing guitar while singing, pinning projects on Pinterest, cuddling with her cats, and organizing her room.