3 Cute Fall Dates in Rhode Island

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Getting a drink or “hanging out” at someone’s house or dorm can feel like the only dates college students ever go on. Shake it up and experience some of the super cute date ideas fall and Rhode Island has to offer. It’s a great opportunity to get to know someone better while having fun or mix it up with your current significant other. Here are three date ideas that URI students should go on!

Apple Picking

Apple picking is not only enjoyable and relaxing, it also is an opportunity to take lots of social media worthy  pictures with your date! Narrow Lane Orchard in North Kingstown is only 20 minutes from campus and you and in addition to apple picking you can buy other fruits, flowers, and fresh honey. If the date goes well you can invite him back to bake a pie with the apples you picked.

Newport

Newport is a great place to do romantic activities but also gives you the chance to just walk around in the beautiful scenery and talk. Not only is driving over the bridge together a little romantic, walk the Newport cliff walk and look at the mansions in the beautiful fall weather. After walking around warm up with a drink in one of the many amazing restaurants and bars Newport has to offer.

Haunted Hayride

Experiencing fear on a haunted hayride or in a haunted house is a way to quickly bond and gives you an excuse to get a little physical by grabbing your dates arm or hand when you’re scared. Also, if you’re a little shy this activity is a great way to break the ice without having to start off with a lot of small talk.  Trails to Terror in Wakefield is close to campus and Narragansett so you won’t have to travel far to go on this exciting date.

So next time a guy asks you to hang out or you can’t figure out what to do for your next date, try one of these three fun fall dates that us URI girls can take advantage of!

Senior marketing major from Princeton, NJ with a passion for cosmetics, fashion, and saving the planet!