21 Signs You’re Already Done With Second Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

We’re only a month into the second semester, but it feels like it’s been twice as long. At this point, most of us are asking where spring break is, or thinking about summer. Why does it have to be so cold? I’m just going to daydream until May. If you can relate to any of these, chances are you’re already mentally checked out of this semester, too. 

1. You wake up 20 minutes before class starts…everyday. You may have thought you would have no problem taking a 9 a.m., or maybe even an 8 a.m., but the truth is you can’t even manage to make it to your 11 a.m. 

2. You’ve stopped caring what you look like to class. Leggings or sweats are the only pants you will ever wear. 

3. You’re already planning your summer vacation. 

4. Your bank account is getting dangerously low. Mom? Dad?

5. Taking notes in class is no longer a thing; online shopping has replaced note taking.

6. Procrastination is basically your middle name. 

7. You take “assigned reading for the weekend” as meaning you’ll read Sparknotes 5 minutes before class starts and hope for the best.

8. The amount of times you skip class a week continues to gradually increase. 

9. You get in bed immediately after you get back from class.

10. You go out multiple times during the week, because the bar is more fun than homework.

11. You no longer care to write in the $30 Lilly Pulitzer planner you just had to get last semester.

12. Your only motivation to go to the gym is spring break.

13. You haven’t touched your textbook since the first day of class. 

14. You spend more time on Instagram than you do on homework. 

15. Greek Week in April–specifically Champange Breakfast–is the main reason you haven’t completely given up on this semester. 

16. Your naps have become longer and more frequent. 

17. You literally never walk to class, the RIPTA has become your best friend. 

18. You text everyone you know in your classes to get the homework from them.

19. You don’t do laundry for at least 3 weeks.

20. Tequila Tuesday, Wine Wednesday, and Thirsty Thursday have become your favorite days of the week.

21. You just can’t even.