2017 Fashion Trends Everyone Is Loving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

As you walk around campus, what do you see everyone wearing? Well, I can tell you what I see. It’s a whole lot of embroidery, gingham, patch work frayed ends, and athlesiure. Trust me, I am here for it. All of it.

Embroidery

Jeans, t-shirts, blouses, and even shoes with emboridery have been widely popular in 2017, and seem to bring any outfit come to life. Whether it is placed on denim jackets with a plain cotton t-shirt and blank skinny jeans, or a pair of heeled boots paired with a black mini skirt and crop top, you can’t go wrong with embroidery.

Athleisure 

The perfect comfy chic every college girl is rocking in 2017 is athleisure. One of the most important aspects of this trend in the sneakers, whether it is Adidas Superstars, Puma platform sneakers, or Nike Roshes. All of them will make any outfit into the perfect athleisure outfit. Pair the sneakers with a simple stylish shirt or oversized sweatshirt and some leggings and you are totally perfecting this trend.

Patchwork and frayed ends

This has to be one of my favorite trends of the year. This year’s denim is all about the two-tone, frayed ankles, and patchwork. We all love our distressed denim, but this makes the fashion game stronger then ever.

Gingham

This classic men’s staple has took over the women’s fashion scene in 2017. One of the most popular prints as of recent, gingham is a classic and we all are loving it.

As 2017 is coming to a close, I can’t wait to see what else will hit our closets this fall and winter and what 2018 will bring us.

Hannah is the President and Co-Campus Correspondent of URI's chapter of Her Campus. She will graduate from the University of Rhode Island in 2019 with a BA in Communication Studies and a double minor in Business and Writing/Rhetoric. Hannah grew up in York, Maine and followed her love for the ocean to Rhode Island for her undergraduate degree. You can usually find her at the beach with SPF 75 in hand or trying to master a new yoga pose. Check out her Instagram (hannah.k.will) to keep up!