1. Turning 21 first
Who are you supposed to go bar hopping with if all your friends aren’t of age?
2. Turning 21 last
I’ll just hang out at the pregame, you guys have fun.
3. Picking a major
Sociology is cool.
4. Changing your major
WTF am I gonna do with a BA in Sociology…
5. Finding a group of friends
Well, this is awkward.
6. Being in charge of paying your own bills
But I don’t have any money
7. Getting your roommates to venmo you their share of the bills on time
Do deadlines mean NOTHING TO YOU PEOPLE?
8. Filing your own taxes
**Calls Dad in a panic**
9. Internships that suck
This is literally the opposite of what I want to do with my life.
10. Internships that rock
This is literally exactly what I want to do with my life, why am I still in school?
11. Figuring out what you want to do with your life
“It’s a process,” they say as they take all your money while you try to find your purpose.
12. Developing opinions different from your parents
The dinner table just got a whole lot louder.
13. Paying attention to politics
This country is going to shit.
Somewhere between “I just wanna have fun” and “I just wanna be loved”
15. People you know are getting married/jobs/babies
Am I supposed to be doing that too…
16. Writing your resume
Then rewriting it 2500x
17. Having to fix your mistakes on your own
Mom and Dad can’t call you out of work sick.
18. Realizing your student loans are already collecting interest
I’m going to be in debt how much…
19. Wanting to travel but having $27 in your bank account
Europe will just have to wait.
20. Understanding that growing up is an assignment without a rubric
You’re going to have to figure this life out on your own, kid.