16 Halloween Roommate Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Halloween (more like “Halloweek”) is a time where dressing up and showing your inner “spooktastic” self is completely acceptable. Forget about the themed parties and relationship goal couple costumes. Let’s do Halloween the right way, Rams! Halloween is a Saturday this year, so what better way to spend it matching with your BFF! You and your roomie will be the people who turn heads while you’re out and have the costumes girls wish they thought of when scrolling through Instagram. Here are Halloween costume ideas to inspire you and your best friend.

1. Sugar Skull Queens

Do you have a friend who does killer makeup and face painting? Sugar Skulls are easy and affordable costumes, but still super hot.

2. Minions

Minions have taken over the world. These cute characters are a great option if you have a yellow crop top and suspenders laying around. Put them to great use!

3. Starbucks

The basic and the typical. Any girl can rock this tasty looking costume. 

4. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum

Alice In Wonderland‘s finest. Who doesn’t want to rock a spin hat?

5. Sarena Van Der Woodsen and Blair Waldorf

A brunette and blonde with a (sort of) inseperable bond. Any Gossip Girl fans here? 

6. America Lovin’ Cowgirls

Find your inner country side ladies! Any girl can pull off this look and everybody loves a little bit of ‘Merica.

7. Leopards

Never forget about your furry friends. Check out the DIY makeup tricks on Pinterest to complete your animal look!

8. Thing One and Thing Two

“Theses things will not bite you. They want to have fun. Then, out of the box came Thing Two and Thing One.” Just like these characters, you and your roomie are a package deal.

9. Mario and Luigi

Nobody could beat these two in anything! You and your roommate will always win with these costumes!  

10. Emoji Dancers

You must have an old leotard laying around somewhere! Have your family send it up to Rhody, you never know when it can come handy.

11. Snow(wo)men

You’ll be getting people pumped for winter wonderland all night long! Is it Christmas time yet? 

12. Angel and Devil

Everybody has a good side and a bad side… but you BOTH know how to have fun. Show it off this year with your roomie! 

13. Buzz Lightyear and Woody

Get in touch with your inner child and prove to everyone who the real BFF’s are. 

14. Native Americans

Just think about how comfortable your night will be wearing moccasins. 

15. Brittney Spears’ Phases

Every Britney phase is classic. Get your roomie and other friends to recreate all her different looks!

16. Spongebob and Patrick

Simply, the best pairing in the game. 

Happy Costume Brainstorming! 

I'm willing to make anybody smile. I write to show how I chase happiness, contain & maintain positivity, express love and thought, and pursue strength and stability.