15 Awkward and Inevitable Campus Encounters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.
Freshman year awkward encounters are a little bit easier to slide by, but once you actually know people on campus, it’s a whole different story. Walking to class, the library, gym, and the dining hall all seem to be places where you now have to look good just incase you find yourself having to socialize with that random kid from that random party. Ugh, what his name again? He knows mine, I should totally remember his… Maybe.

Here are 14 awkward campus encounters you’ve experienced or will experience at one point in your time at URI.

1. Walk of shame.

2. The texting and colliding occurrence.

3. Walking straight into somebody then both swerving in the same direction.

4. That awkward hookup from Friday night that happens to be in your Monday morning class. Who knew?

5. The one person on campus who always smiles and waves but in reality you have absolutely no idea who they are. Do I have a twin on campus or does this person actually know me?

6. Seeing your ex boyfriend on campus.

7. Seeing your ex boyfriend with his new girlfriend on campus. 

8. The one kid who sits next to you in class but there’s over 100 other seats that are wide open.

9. Looking like you just rolled out of bed then seeing every living soul you’ve ever met at the library. I promise I don’t look like this all the time!

10. Seeing the professor you e-mailed saying you can’t make it to class while walking to a later class. C’mon, you know your class is so boring. 

11. The people who are always promoting and handing out flyers. No I will not come to your event, and no, I do not want your piece of paper.

12. Random group meet ups. “Hey guys, so, what’s this project even about?”

13. Eating alone in the dining hall. It was slightly okay freshman year but now there are just too many people you know to be seen eating all alone.

14. Seeing people at the gym when you are dripping sweat. I’ve totally been mistaken for a guy at the gym with the way I look.

15. When someone holds the door for you but you are still at least a mile away from the door.
No matter what, just make sure you embrace the awkward.
Please write a short bio here! And don't forget to add a photograph!!