13 Things You Need to Thank Your Sister For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

1. For being your go to person to call to kill time on the long rides home from school and/or work.

Oh I have a half hour car ride, better call my sister!

2. Pretending not to care or notice that you went into her room and stole her clothes/accessories.

Because after all, she’s doubling your wardrobe.

3. For free fashion advice.

Because who else will tell you that your “boho-chic” outfit actually looks like a hipster getting dressed in the dark, and then beat up.

4. For advice on which selfie looks best, and which one to make your new profile pic.

The first pic, because you totally can’t even notice your lazy eye in that one.

5. For being a free therapist.

Listening to any drama whether something terrible happened to you, or your just mad your crush didn’t notice you, again.

6. For telling you things you don’t want to hear, but need to hear.

Let’s face it, bangs were never meant for you.

7. For not judging you for your borderline insane obsession with your pets.

In fact, she baby talks to them just as much, if not more than you do.

8. For checking to make sure Mom’s in a good mood before you bring up any bad news.

Hey, I failed my test today. Did Mom have a good day at work?

9. For forcing her to go to things she doesn’t want to go to, just so you don’t have to go alone.

Whether it’s to support your shopping addiction, or attending a concert you’re probably too old to be at.

10. For also hating whoever did you wrong.

Because the first cardinal rule is to not mess with family.

11. For being the person you call and force to talk to you to get out of an awkward situation.

Hey. Level 5.  Pretend there’s an emergency and that I need to be the hero to come and get you.

12. For knowing all your disgusting habits and still loving you.

Like how long you’ve gone without a shower, or the last time you actually brushed your teeth.

13. For being your sister, of all people, and still loving you.

Because as needy, and annoying, and rude you are to her, she’s still your best friend.

URI Class of 2016. Health promotion major, Kinesiology minor, from Massachusetts. Sub-par lacrosse player, expert pizza eater. I'm probably obsessed with your dog. Follow me on Instagram: @tamelesss or Twitter: @tameless