12 Mouthwatering Super Bowl Party Appetizers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Super Bowl Sunday is the perfect excuse to throw a party. Who cares if you’re not even a fan of football, or maybe you just realized Super Bowl is this weekend, like me. And wait…whose even playing in the Super Bowl? Oh, Panthers vs. Broncos.

If you’re lucky enough to be attending a Super Bowl party, or, better yet, hosting one, and you’re solely excited for it just cause of the good food, get to cooking!

You don’t want to miss out on these mouth watering, game worthy Super Bowl appetizers.

1. Pigs in blankets

…No, not the premade frozen ones! For the best pigs in blankets, just buy some rolls of crescent dough, and for something a little bit different than a traditional hot dog, chicken apple sausage works as a great meat as well. Just wrap the sausages in the dough and pop these piggies into the oven for about 15 minutes until their golden brown! Instead of ketchup, Ken’s honey mustard goes great as a dip.

I mean…

2. Homemade pizza

If you’re going to make pizza for your party, be sure to let the dough (which you can buy from the grocery store, or pizza place) sit all day, because it needs hours to rise. The best way to make the tastiest pizza is to add some olive oil (instead of flour) to the pan before laying the flattened dough down. My personal favorite toppings are ham and pineapple, but get creative with different toppings such as basil and mozzarella, onion and pepperoni, prosciutto and arugula, etc.

3. Buffalo chicken dip

If you’ve never had buff chick dip, I’m sincerely sorry. Serving this easy-to-make dip is a great way to get your guests to stop complaining that the wings aren’t ready yet. All you need is chicken, your favorite buffalo sauce, cream cheese, blue cheese dressing, crumbled bleu cheese, and of course some celery and carrot sticks or Tostitos to dip.

4. Chili

Because who can resist the meaty, cheesy, spicy goodness of chili?

5. Onion dip

Instead of buying premade onion dip, make it even tastier by combining sour cream with a package of dry French onion soup mix.

6. Snack stadium

….Just kidding, none of us have the time, or patience to make that. Would be nice though, right? This creation would be talked about at every Super Bowl party after that. Hmmm…now that I mentioned it…

7. Pulled pork nachos

Instead of making traditional nachos, put a spin on them and make delicious pulled pork nachos. Layer pulled pork, jalapeño peppers, tomatoes, onions, sour cream, salsa, cheddar cheese, and garlic over your favorite chips (my favorite are lime Tostitos).

8. Beer!

Even though beer isn’t an appetizer, I just couldn’t skip this one. No judgments here if you choose Natural Ice, but everyone knows Coors and Bud Light are the best. If you’re really feeling generous, invest in Bud Light Platinum, or Bud Light Lime.

…I guess wine coolers are cool, too. Anyone feelin’ a Mike’s or Smirnoff Ice?

9. Empanadas

Although these may not be a typical Super Bowl menu item, you won’t regret making empanadas sprinkled with sugar and stuffed with meat, shrimp, or cheese.

10. Lasagna cupcakes

A tasty spin on traditional lasagna. Stuff wonton wrappers with meat, ricotta and marinara sauce, then bake these beauties in a cupcake pan. 

11. Taco salad

Tacos…made into a salad. What could be better? Bonus points if you use taco bowls.

12…You thought I forgot the wings, didn’t you?!

Buffalo, BBQ, honey BBQ, buffaque, sweet & sour, teriyaki, parmesan garlic, sweet chili, honey mustard, and so many more mouth watering sauce flavors…just ask Buffalo Wild Wings if you’re not sure.

On that note, may your glass be empty, and your stomach full! Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

Nicole Torossian is a Senior Writing & Rhetoric and Communication Studies double-major, with a minor in Public Relations. Nicole loves to write; her dream job is to work for a large PR agency in NYC. Besides being involved with Her Campus, Nicole is also involved in PRSSA, and she also works in the Writing and Rhetoric Office as well as Dunkin' Donuts in the emporium.