10 Times You Have Thought to Yourself, “I Need to Call Mom”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

No matter how much you have tried to deny it for years, you know your mom is your best friend. She always has your back and your best interest at heart. She has witness each and every phase you have gone through: dying your hair bleach blonde (because that was just the best idea ever, right?), those hideous braces you were forced to wear for exactly 1 year and 5 months of your life, and of course all the times you were caught sneaking out of the house after curfew to meet up with your friends (because you are super sly… NOT). She is the person you can trust the most, and the only one you will call when you’re really stuck with life, in general. It doesn’t matter how old you are, everyone has those moments when you’re like “Damn. I need to call Mom.” 

1.  When you lose something. Can’t find that favorite shirt of yours, but of course she can tell you exactly where it is in about .5 seconds.

2.  When you have trouble with your roomies. You have to complain to someone, right?

3.  When you totally bombed that last exam. She knows how to cheer you up. You can’t win ‘em all.

4.  When you are super stressed about a scary interview for that internship you really want. She always has something positive to say and she is the only one who can calm you down as you’re on the phone with her and sitting in your car 35 minutes early.

5.  When you’re sick. She’s your personal doctor, no matter how far away she is.

6. When you just need to vent. She is your personal therapist. No judgment there, she is always going to be on your side.

7.  Because you haven’t seen her in weeks and you’re starting to get homesick. Living at school, you don’t have as much time as you want to visit your mom. At least she is just a phone call away.

8.  Because you have the best news ever! She is the one who has always been your number one fan. She’s probably more excited about the news than you are.

9.  When you’re starving and you need food. Like now. But naturally, you have 10 cents in your account. She’s always there to take care of you.

10. Because she is your mom. Although many of your phone calls may be because you need something, you know you like to call because she’s Mom.