Glow Light?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Glow Light?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Casper

10 Things to do in Quarantine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

With the current situation we are all in due to the pandemic, our days can seem to drag and might even be hard to keep track of. Instead of staring at the ceiling and wondering how much longer this will continue, here are some ideas to help keep your social distancing and self-isolation fun!

Color

Although it may seem like a dark time right now, with what is going on in the world, coloring is a great way to get your mind off of things and express creativity.

Look Up New Recipes to Cook 

Looking up new recipes is a really fun thing to do because it can open your eyes to new possibilities that you may enjoy. Also, who doesn’t love food?

Do a Face Mask

Not only is this incredibly relaxing, but it’s also great for your skin! It’s a fairly easy and cheap pastime activity with lots of benefits. So sit back, relax, and get into the wondrous world of skincare.

Start a New Book 

Although reading isn’t for everyone, we all have had times when we have read a book that we can’t put down. Finding a good book to get through quarantine would definitely be worthwhile.

Start a New Show or Rewatch One of Your Favorites on Netflix

Netflix is the home of addicting shows. Some of those shows include Gossip Girl, The Office, Parks and Rec, and Jane the Virgin (just to name a few)!

Rewatch a Throwback Show on Disney+

Rewatching old shows is super fun and heartwarming, especially since we grew up with those shows. Some fun shows to rewatch include, Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waverly Place -The classics of course. 

At-Home Workouts

The beauty of at-home workouts is that you can do them anywhere. Home workouts allow you to reach your personal fitness goals and help maintain your mental health. 

Go on Tik Tok

Tik Tok is incredibly entertaining and can suck you in. During these days of social distancing, learning a Tik Tok dance or just scrolling through may make these quarantine days more entertaining. What you think is ten minutes will turn into an hour once you visit this app, so it’s a great time-waster. 

FaceTime a Friend

One of the many unfortunate things about social distancing is not being able to hang out with your friends. FaceTiming friends may make not being able to see them a little better because you still get to talk to them and hear their voices.

Listen to a Podcast 

A final thing that you can do to get through quarantine is listening to a podcast. There are a million different podcasts on any topic, ranging from murder mysteries to the psychology of being happy. Podcasts can help you pass time and you may be able to learn something as well.

Good Luck in quarantine! It will be over before we know it!

Hello my name is Clara McGuiggin! I'm from Scituate Massachusetts and I really love the beach and strawberry banana smoothies. I attend the University of Rhode Island and I'm a communication and early childhood education. I'm interested in entertainment. I love listening to music and being outside.