10 Must Wear Nail Polish Shades for Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

With spring at our fingertips, us girls just have to have our nails on point. Not to mention it’s almost time to break out the opened toed wedges and sandals again!

This spring season is all about pretty pastels, and, as always, bright colors.  My favorite nail polish brand is Essie, so I have put together a guide to choose the right color for just about every occasion you find yourself going to this spring:

Hide & Go Chick

Perfect for the girl who wants summer to come, NOW.  I usually wear this color when spring has just started, because it’s not too bright, but it is also not a dull winter color.  When I look at my nails, it reminds me of the ocean, which assures me that summer is just around the corner.

E-nuf is E-nuf

Perfect for the bubbly girl.  If this bright coral shade doesn’t scream spring, or even summer, then I don’t know what does.  This color looks amazing with a tan, and your favorite white sundress.

Sittin’ Pretty

Perfect for the girl who appreciates the finer things in life.  I love this shade, for the simple reason that it makes me feel fabulous.  This shade also looks great with white and can also be worn as an everyday color. Just make sure to hide it from your friends; this color is a crowd favorite to borrow, trust me.

Roarrrrage

Perfect for the girl who isn’t afriad to be bold.  Orange has always been one of my favorite spring colors, and what’s even better is the name of this shade. (Pro tip: It looks great on nails, but is not my absolute favorite on toes.)

Perrenial Chic

Perfect for the girl who just loves her neutrals.  We all love a bright white shade on our nails, but when you don’t feel like you’re tan enough to wear white, perrenial chic is the go-to.

Petal Pushers

Perfect for a rainy April day.  Who says grey is only to be worn in the winter? Even though this color is gloomy, there is still a bit of spring in it.  Slap it on and pair it with your favorite dark blue jeans, some rain boots, and you’re good to go.

Double Breasted Jacket

Perfect for the girly girl. Don’t lie, what girl doesn’t love pink? Especially a hot pink.  The reason why this color is the perfect spring shade is self-explanatory.

Ruffles & Feathers

Perfect for when you’re feeling a bit down.  With all of the green hues in this shade, what’s not to love?  Whether you need a little pick-me-up or just want to rock a bright color, this shade goes with just about any outfit.

Blossom Dandy

Perfect for the weekend.  Throw this color on and head out for a day of shopping.  With the soft blues and hint of mint green in this color, there is no going wrong here.  Not to mention, Blossom Dandy looks great on toes, too!

Flowerista

Perfect for being reminded of just how great of a season spring is.  Don’t worry if you’re still working on a base color for your summer tan, this color looks great on any skin tone! This plum purple looks so good, you’ll want to fix up your nail the minute you see a little chip.  

Happy spring, collegiettes! Keep calm and paint your nails.

Nicole Torossian is a Senior Writing & Rhetoric and Communication Studies double-major, with a minor in Public Relations. Nicole loves to write; her dream job is to work for a large PR agency in NYC. Besides being involved with Her Campus, Nicole is also involved in PRSSA, and she also works in the Writing and Rhetoric Office as well as Dunkin' Donuts in the emporium.