This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Butterfield FINALLY reopened for our dining pleasure at the beginning of the semester. Meanwhile, Hope is still searching for hope. Here are 10 more struggles of the dining hall.

1. What is Ice Cream?

Everyday one of the machines is broken, not on, or needs to be refilled. On the off chance the machines are working, the line is not even worth looking at. There’s just no chance. Also, what happened to the sprinkles?

2. Waffle Iron

There really should be more waffle irons. Waffles can make a solid meal at any point of the day! Piece of advice: do not walk away from the iron. Waffles are hot, and chances of it being there when you walk back are…slim.

3. The new set up of Butterfield.

The new layout of Butterfield is super spread out. The food is all clustered into a corner where all of the lines overlap until you’re not even sure what line you’re in anymore. And sandwiches are tucked away in the corner, separated from everything else! From the time you enter, the amount of back and forth probably takes care of your daily cardio.

4. The burritos.

So… Butterfield tried, they really did! They really tried to give us Chiptole, Qdoba, or something of the sort, but to our dismay, we got a sandwich wrap line with free guacamole.

5. No Pizza

Why is it that Hope never has pizza and Butterfield has taken almost the whole semester installing the pizza station? Well, if pizza was your meal of choice, go to Rhody Market and enjoy the personal pizzas as a combo up until 10:00 p.m. Unless you do not have combos, sorry.

6. Tropical Fruit

Butterfield has stepped it up in one way! They offer blueberries, plums, peaches, kiwi, pineapples, watermelon, and nectarines almost on a regular basis. AND the fruit is not too grey, rotten, or overripe.

7. Better DJ?

So, I guess people didn’t enjoy the wannabe DJs in the dining halls. To find a middle ground, the dining halls installed Rockbot, where students can play their favorite songs and be ‘DJs.’ Well, as you can probably guess, everyone is trying to be a DJ. From the Lion King to ACDC, Rams certainly have an eclectic taste in music.

8. Dining Services App

This app has crashed more often then it hasn’t. The only highlight is creeping on people from the hidden Butterfield and Mainfare cameras. Which, is quite creepy and odd that the dining halls have these cameras publicly accessible. If you thought you could get away with dining food smuggling, think again!

9. Sandwiches

Sandwiches should be made with love and care, not hate and despair. If you don’t get the afternoon sandwich ladies, don’t even bother getting in line. There is too much ‘tude if you ask for less meat or a grilled sandwhich. Regardless of which dining hall you go to, there are only the select few who know how to make your sandwich right.

10. What happened to the stir fry guys?

Here’s a breakup we wish we heard more about! The fun-spirited duo that used to entertain the stir fry and pasta lines have disappeared! Those lines used to be a party and now, well, they are not.

Alexia Williams is a member of the Class of 2017 at the University of Rhode Island. She is a Elementary Education and Sociology double major. She loves to eat, pray,and love!