You NEED to Check Out Ashley Tisdale’s New Makeup Line

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Thumbnail image via Yahoo Beauty.

There are so many makeup brands out there at every price and quality, but sometimes it’s tempting to fork over big money when there are good, affordable products available. Former Disney queen Ashley Tisdale has become a producer and a YouTuber, and has recently launched  super affordable makeup line with a high-end feel. Here are some of the products I have tried and definitely recommend.

1. Illuminate Cheek and Lip Tint

This super-pigmented cream doubles as a blush and lip tint; I tried out the one in the middle on the first row, called Rosé. In my experience, it’s better used in small amounts to build it up because it is so pigmented. The cheek and lip tint sells for $5.99 on the website, which is cheaper than those at drugstores and better than the ones I’ve tried up until now.

2. Illuminate Enhancing Lip Gloss

These sparkly glosses sell for $5.99 each and the color I own is Aloha, which is the second one from the left. They are super glossy and give your look a softer lip if you are going with darker eyeshadow. Just FYI: they might not be for everyone because they don’t dry matte.

3. Illuminating Shimmer (Highlighter)

You can never have too much highlighter and for $7.50, these do not disappoint. The one I own is the one on the right hand side, called Beach Bum. It doesn’t take much of the product to leave your skin with a glowy finish and it won’t break your wallet.

4. Beach Goddess Palette

This palette includes eyeshadows as well as shades that can be used as blush, bronzer and highlighter, for only $10.99.  These eyeshadows are very pigmented and the palette gives you a selection of sparkly and matte colors that you can mix and match to create a flawless everyday look. This is by far my favorite palette of the line because of how complete it is.

5. Goddess Palette

This palette is more for a nighttime look, it contains a well-pigmented glittery and sparkly eyeshadows, perfect for music festival season and only has two matte shades. However, if you don’t particularly enjoy this type of look, check out her Night Goddess palette, which has darker matte colors. This palette sells for $12.99 and unlike the other two, has the name of the shades in the actual palette.

6. 8 Piece Brush Set

These brushes usually sell for $19, but usually are on sale on the website for up to $6 less. These are so soft, but not soft enough that it won’t pick up any product. And because it is an eight piece set, it fulfills your basic brush needs.

Check out more from this line here.

English Major at the University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus. With a minor in Comunications and a minor in Marketing. Interested in all things entertainment and pop culture. Passionate writer and aspiring journalist. Former Campus Correspondent at HC UPRM. 
Claudia is a witchy English Literature and International Affairs major from La Parguera. She's worked in various on-campus projects, such as the MayaWest Writing Project and as a tutor at the English Writing Center. In addition, she's worked at Univision and has also been published in El Nuevo Día and El Post Antillano. When she doesn't have her nose in a book, you can find Claudia tweeting something snarky and pushing boundaries as a Beyoncé expert. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram, @clauuia.