WandaVision show on laptop with twinkling lights
Original photo by Andrea Mendez Igartua

What Your Favorite WandaVision Character Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

The sun definitely rose on a grateful universe when Marvel concluded its hit blockbuster series WandaVision. While it mainly pivots around Wanda Maximoff and Vision’s whimsical sitcom life, the show is bolstered by its charismatic supporting characters. Because they’re each remarkable and well-rounded in their own right, there’s something to be said about a person based on their favorite character.

Wanda Maximoff

You either want to be her or you want to be with her—there is no in-between. 

Not only do you want to raid her closet for that miracle of a costume, but you’re drawn to Wanda’s unparalleled, reality-bending power. Because you grapple with the feeling that you have little to no control over certain things in your life, you step into her character to reinvigorate your depleted motivation. Like Agatha Harkness, you’d jump at the chance to syphon off Wanda’s powers and summon your own West View. However, what you often fail to realize is that you have that power, but there’s something keeping you from going all-out Scarlet Witch mode. You’ve been dealt a bad hand and have been forced to endure unwarranted hardships, same as Wanda. While watching her grief play out beneath the illusory sitcom she produced to avoid her emotions, you were able to channel your own pain through her. Once you come to grips with your problems and stop indulging in escapism like a certain someone we know (Mrs. Maximoff herself), you will harness your power and shape your life to your liking. 

Vision

You love it when he says “darling.

Something about Vision’s mild, warm demeanor, coupled with his powers and vibranium, brings you enormous comfort (maybe it’s the accent). You’re definitely looking to be as calm and collected as this synthezoid, especially in the face of adversity where you sometimes lack composure. You’ve found the world to be a convoluted place clouded with too much moral ambiguity, and you wish for nothing more than to have someone in your life as straightforward and collected like him to anchor you to reality. Not only do you love this character for being the logical voice of reason amidst the chaos that takes place in the MCU, but you’re deeply moved by the love he holds for his wife. When people say they don’t find him interesting, you think they must be out of their mind (stone) to not love an attentive, kind gentleman like Viz. Clearly, they don’t notice the little details as you do, like how he has tried to learn to cook for Wanda even though he can’t eat. At the end of the day, you think love is more important than anything else.

Monica Rambeau

You almost cried when she got her powers.

You’re feeling blue about Monica Rambeau’s limited screen time in WandaVision’s series finale. Like Monica, you tend to be overlooked at times, but your personality and convictions inspire loyalty in those closest to you. When your mind is set on doing the right thing, nothing can get in your way—not even a sociopathic, weapon-loving S.W.O.R.D operative. Although it may be challenging to stand up for yourself, your empathetic nature gives you the courage to stand up for others. Your greatest strength lies in your devotion to the well-being of others; this is also your weakness, since you will readily risk your life for anyone.  People would be lucky to have such an honorable, powerful ally at their side.

Agatha Harkness

Your last words will be “It Was Agatha All Along.”

You love a good villain, and I’m willing to bet Loki is one of your favorite characters. There’s just something about their disregard for social conformity that makes you feel liberated. Although their actions may be questionable, you find yourself nodding along to their cynical, misanthropic monologues because finally someone is spitting truth. Seeing the true face of reality has left you disillusioned, so you feel confined by social conventions you consider groundless at best. You live to see someone like Agatha—with confidence and unbridled power to match—break away from the chains of convention you feel bound to. Like most villains, you’ve built some distance between yourself and the world, so you’d rather keep to yourself and only open up to a handful of people. 

Jimmy Woo

You have impeccable taste. 

The flood of social media posts raving about Jimmy Woo have made you a devoted fan of the Marvel Cinematic Wooniverse. In fact, I bet you’ll be the first to grab your popcorn and throw yourself on your couch if Marvel gives the green light for the X-files style spin-off starring Jimmy Woo himself. In your life and relationships, you find fulfillment in the small gestures and little details. You didn’t miss Agent Woo’s card trick in his first scene in WandaVision, and you know he’s been practicing ever since Scott Lang performed the trick in Ant-Man and the Wasp. There’s no way you could keep yourself from supporting such a wholesome, feel-good character like him.

Darcy Lewis

You are Darcy.

You’re the sarcastic, snarky friend who people can count on to lighten the mood. Amidst all of the high-tension situations that unfold in WandaVision, you always look forward to her snappy one-liners. This preference translates into real life where you tend to use humor as a coping mechanism. Through jokes and sarcasm, you and Darcy are able to distance yourself from stressful situations while providing light during moments that are too dark to handle without some reprieve. 

Andrea Méndez Igartua is pursuing a major in psychology and a minor in writing and communications. She's passionate about reading and writing, and hopes to publish a novel one day.