This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

As you may know, we still can’t go out to pull pranks, trick-or-treat and celebrate Halloween like we used to, but do not fear my friend, I got you covered!?

Fortunately, this Halloween will be on a Spooky Saturday night, which calls for a perfect stay-at-home party. And while you’re still in the process of making your costumes, buying candy  (to eat on your own ?) and makeup for your “cosplay”, which you probably bought at your local Walmart, other Halloween matters need your attention. Therefore, the following ultimate checklist will help you to have an almost perfect Halloween Party with yourself or with a few friends online to cover all the bases.

So first thing’s first, a good party needs to have the essentials such as lightning, drinks, candy, props and good music, to at least call it a party. Therefore, for a real good night, make sure you check the following check boo-xes: 

? For lightning you should opt for versatile lights, which can be used for your Christmas decorations ?. If you are looking for a modern vibe, you can buy a Multi-color Strip Lights RGB Room Light, waterproofed and ready to tape in any area of desire, with lengths ranging between 3.2 and 65.6 feet, for $8.95 to $39.89 on Ebay. However, you can always go traditional by buying candles (but, do not burn your house, I repeat, do not burn your house ?). Moreover, the existence of fake candles is greatly appreciated, and you can always go for the red,yellow or white fake 12 pieces of candles for $12.99, or 24 pieces of multicolor LED tea light fake candles for $16.53.

? Aaaah the drinks, beautiful and refreshing alcoholic drinks. For that you can always find inspiration by checking this aesthetically “dreadful” Halloween Cocktails by Tasty. Also, Tipsy Bartender can give you great Halloween hacks to keep it spooky, but affordable.  

? Candy, eye candy ?. If you would like to buy something curious and visually appealing check this 4D candy gummy blocks that you can buy on Ebay for $6.99 including free shipping. Lastly, after constructing the gummy blocks you can gladly eat them. Also, you can confectionate dessert recipes in a Disney style

? For Drop-dead props ?, these are better done by Doing-it-Yourself or DIY styled which give it a great touch, especially under a limited budget. However, what’s better than to be the host of a sustainable ♻️ decorated party? These aspirational Eco-Friendly Halloween Ideas from Pinterest can help you get there. Another DIYs you can try are with these Recipes and Decorations for a killer Halloween.

? For an all time favorite music playlist that will immerse you into the mood of this spooky season, you can go to Spotalike and type the scary song that your heart desires as it will transform it into the perfect playlist while making all your wishes come true. After you find the perfect playlist based on your favorite song, you can sync music while playing & listening with friends or public groups by using JQBX via Zoom if that’s where your party will take place ?‍♀️.

? Escape plan ?: If it turns out that you rather stay on your jammies and just binge watch scary series or movies, while eating your candy alone or with only two of your best friends. You can always check this movie catalogue made by film lovers or stream the classical movie menu program, sponsored by Freeform

? Last but not least, a party cannot be completed without a cherry on top ?, which is a host platform for your friends to attend your virtual party. Sure, you can have a Netflix party if you are going to watch movies together. But did you know that the House Party app (available as a Google Chrome Extension, Android and iOS) gives you the freedom to play endlessly, if your wolf pack ?, consists of eight (8) or fewer members? In this wonderful app you will find activities such as Karaoke and Board games as popular as UNO, Trivia, Quick Draw and even the Magic 8 Ball! 

There goes all the haunted ghosts ??? of your bright future that will help you throw the best pandemic Halloween party ever. I hope you have found some great ideas to start planning for the following weeks to get an almost perfect virtual party ?. Furthermore, don’t forget to tag Her Campus UPRM on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook with the #hcuprm, so we can feature and admire your costumes. Now you are ready to share your spooky memories of your virtual party and its decoration if you followed some of the previous check boo-xes tips. Finally, do not forget to stay safe during the upcoming holidays!

Ivonnemary Rivera González is a Puerto Rican millennial with a Chemical Engineering background and currently pursuing an MBA in Finances. She also started her Financial Podcast during the Pandemic to help the Hispanic Community manage, learn and feel comfortable towards topics about money which are talked in Spanish. Her Podcast, called The Pink Dollar in the Room can be followed as tpdr.pr in Instagram which is a safe place to talk about money insecurities. Currently, Millenials and Centennials just like you, are invited to talk about their issues and even financial tips while sharing it with the community. If you are interested in being interviewed by Ivonnemary, please feel free to reach her through Instagram or via email at tpdr.pr@gmail.com.
B.A. in Political Sciences from the University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez, currently pursuing an M.A. in Journalism at the Río Piedras campus. Fan of pop culture, media analysis, and Taylor Swift.