Landscape of Toro Verde
Landscape of Toro Verde
Original photo by Gabriela Quiñones

Toro Verde Adventure Park: Flying above Puerto Rico

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Have you ever wanted to fly? To soar in the sky like birds? Feel the wind in your face and have a new perspective of the world around you? Toro Verde Adventure Park is the perfect place to do just that. 

This park, located in Orocovis, is home to the biggest zipline line in the Americas and the second biggest in the world, The Monster.  The monster is surpassed by the zipline Jebel Jais Flight, which is located in Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates. 

The Monster’s route passes through three municipalities: Orocovis, Morovis, and Corozal. Flying through these municipalities at speeds nearing 95 mph, you get a bird’s eye view of the greenery and vegetation that makes up the mountainous region of the island. 

Zip Line the Monster
Original photo by Gabriela Quiñones

It also is home to The Beast, another large zipline. This zipline stretches 4,745 feet across Orocovis and is one of the world’s longest single ziplines. Riders soar across the sky at a speed of nearly 60 mph and get to see more of the landscape of this region.

Another popular zipline tour in this park is The Toro Bikes. This is an attraction that has a bicycle adapted to a ziplining cable. Visitors must pedal across the 326 meters in order to complete the ride, thus making this the longest cable bike circuit in the world. 

The park also has seven smaller ziplines all with various lengths and speeds. Each zipline is close to the other, making it a nonstop adrenaline rush for all that experience it. 

If you are not a fan of ziplining, the park also offers another attraction. This is a Climbing Tower, which is composed of seven different towers of different textures and is a fun activity for both children and adults. 

To experience these attractions, visitors must be at least four feet tall and weigh from 100 to 270 pounds. All visitors must wear closed shoes in order to ride on all of the attractions. During the winter season, it is recommended that visitors wear a jacket since temperatures drop. 

Once you are done with the attractions, have a meal at the La Terraza Del Toro, a type of modern Jibaro cuisine. While dining here, you can have a view of visitors taking their turn conquering The Monster. If you are not in the mood for Puerto Rican food, there is also Grotta E Toro, a restaurant that specializes in Italian food.

Before you leave, don’t forget to stop by the gift shop and buy a memento of time at the park. The store sells magnets, shot glasses, and T-shirts, among other souvenir items. You can also purchase and taste local candy from Orocovis and around the island. 

Visitors must make a reservation first; you can purchase your tickets to visit Toro Verde Adventure Park at this link. You can follow Toro Verde Adventure Park on Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube

Gabriela Quiñones is a writer for Her Campus UPRM. She writes about local places to visit in Puerto Rico and curious things about languages. Gabriela has also participated in the Young Adults for the Environment (YRE) competition. Here, she won first in the local competition and third in the international competition. Her article about the importance of the sand dunes of Puerto Rico has appeared in YRE’s webpage. She is currently completing a bachelor’s in English with a concentration in Linguistics, along with a minor in International Relations and another in Computerized Information Systems. Outside of writing, Gabriela participates in an interdisciplinary investigation concerning ambiguity in language and artificial intelligence. In her free time, Gabriela enjoys knitting and crocheting, two hobbies that help her destress. She also enjoys reading and learning more about the topics that interest her. Gabriela is also an avid Trekkie; she credits the characters for giving her the push to try out new things.