timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Things We All Need to Hear

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Even though we often don’t show it, we all want to feel loved and cherished. We all really appreciate when someone takes from their time to tell us what we have been wanting or needing to hear for a while. Sometimes we just need a little push to keep going and to believe we can actually make it. Just in case no one has said it before, here are some words you may need to hear and pass on to someone else that needs them as well:

1. “You are worth it.”

Yes, you read right. You are enough, you are capable of doing amazing things, you are so worth it. Go, follow your dreams, they are waiting for you!

Take the risk, take the chance, you are doing wonderful things!

2. “I’m proud of you.”

Like I mentioned before, you are doing wonderful things, and I am proud. You have been working very hard and sooner or later all that hard work will pay off, but for now, I am so proud, and you should be too.

3. “Keep going.”

It’s okay to doubt yourself at times, but never, EVER look back. Keep going, this is the right way to go. You are getting there, you will get there. You will never know if you never try, life has amazing things in store for you, in fact you have done amazing things to yourself, so don’t stop. Don’t let all you’ve done go to waste, keep going!

4. “Thank you.”

For everything, thank you for all you have done. Thank you for your smile, for your laugh, and your eyes. Thank you for your way of being and for letting everyone else be. Thank you for believing in everyone else even when you have trouble believing in yourself. Thank you for the little things, for the big things, thank you for existing. Thank you so much.

5. “I believe in you.”

These four words have the power of changing everything. As human beings we have the tendency of believing that we can’t do something, so we doubt ourselves, but I believe in you. I believe you are here to change the world, I believe you can do anything you aspire to do. I believe you have the power to achieve all of your dreams. I believe in you and I believe that you should too.

It’s time to stop feeling sorry for yourself. Just because you don’t hear these words frequently doesn’t mean they aren’t true. So go on, get inspired, get involved, and keep dreaming! And last but not least, remember to say these nice things when you think you should say them, you never know who might actually need them.

English Major at the University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus. With a minor in Comunications and a minor in Marketing. Interested in all things entertainment and pop culture. Passionate writer and aspiring journalist. Former Campus Correspondent at HC UPRM.