Super Bowl LI: the Greatest Comeback in the History of the NFL

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Let’s get real, last night’s game was INCREDIBLE. Not only was it a game that kept you at the edge of the couch on the last quarter. Admittedly in the beginning, if you were rooting for the same team as mine, the New England Patriots, it was a bit disappointing. The New England Patriots are characterized by their teamwork,and their ability to surpass even the toughest of obstacles. All stats and predictions were on the Patriots for the win.

The season started a little harsh for the Patriots. With a four-game suspension of Tom Brady, the team quarterback, and a hefty fine of $1 million for the team, you can say it was a bit of a rocky beginning of the season. But even amidst of that, they came out of it and went to the Super Bowl, the biggest scenario of the NFL for any team.

Bill Belichick New England Patriots head coach (Image by Perry Knotts/NFL)

The first half of the game started well for the Atlanta Falcons, with a leading score of 21 points to 3 points of the Patriots. After the incredible halftime show and by the end of the third quarter, the score was still in favor of the ATL Falcons with 28 points to 9 of the Patriots.

On the fourth quarter, the Patriots went all in. With only five minutes left of the quarter, they tied the score to 28 on 28, making it the biggest comeback in NFL history. With the tied in the last seconds of the game, the game had to go to overtime, in which the first team to score a touchdown was the one to win the game. In this one, the coin was tossed and Patriots got the receiving. Two minutes into the overtime and the Patriots won the NFL Super Bowl LI. Making Tom Brady the Super Bowl LI MVP. The game broke many records, one of them, being the first Super Bowl that goes into overtime.

Robert Kraft, CEO and president of the New england Patriots (Image by Perry Knotts/NFL)

There is no doubt that this game was one of many surprises, many broken records and one with the greatest comeback in the history of the NFL.

Puerto Rican girl that loves food, music and books. 
Claudia is a witchy English Literature and International Affairs major from La Parguera. She's worked in various on-campus projects, such as the MayaWest Writing Project and as a tutor at the English Writing Center. In addition, she's worked at Univision and has also been published in El Nuevo Día and El Post Antillano. When she doesn't have her nose in a book, you can find Claudia tweeting something snarky and pushing boundaries as a Beyoncé expert. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram, @clauuia.