Style Couple Spotted On Campus: Cristina & Edgar

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Cristina Ramos and Edgar del Toro light up the room with their charm, good looks and swoonable relationship. I sat down with these adorable high school sweethearts for a Valentine’s day themed interview. 

HC: What are your majors? 

C: I’m majoring in both Finances and Human Resources. 

E: I’m majoring in Biology.

HC: Describe each other’s style.

C: Edgar’s style is preppy. 

E: Cristina’s is classic.

HC: Who’s your fashion inspiration?

C: I’d have to say Jackie Kennedy because she defined the concept of class and sophistication without looking prudish. Her style is timeless. I also look up to Olivia Palermo because her style is simple yet elegant.

HC: Has Cristina influenced your style in any way? 

E: ¡Bien ******! Before I met her I didn’t care what I wore, if I was going to hang out with friends I’d just wear whatever. Now I pay more attention, she’s made me more aware of what I wear.

C: ¡Que lindo! 

E: I have to impress her! (looks at Cristina)

HC: Do you have a specific routine for choosing your outfits in the morning?

C: I plan my outfits the night before. It’s a type A kind of thing so I speed up my morning process.

E: I do too, it depends if I have any labs the next day. I keep in mind if I have to wear jeans, then I try to have a general idea of which shirt will match. 

HC: Edgar, do you have a favorite look on Cristina?  

C: Oh yes, he likes a specific look!

E: I like when she wears jumpsuits, and her hair tied back in a ponytail. (Points at Cristina) See, I love the way your hair looks right now. I also like when she wears high heels and nice jewelry. 

HC: Do you remember what they (each other) wore on your first date?

C: Yes! I remember he was wearing a polo. 

E: … A blouse, I think. 

C: (Laughing histerically) I was wearing skinny jeans and a white off-the-shoulder blouse. 

E: See, I knew you were wearing a blouse and jeans!

HC: So what are your plans for Valentine’s Day? 

E: I had a surprise planned…

C: (Gasps) REALLY? Why would you say it!?

E: (Laughing) I was kidding! But really, I may have something planned. 

Deborah is a junior at the University of Puerto Rico at Mayagüez. She was born in Puerto Rico and raised on the other side of the world. Deborah is a self proclaimed beauty blogger and loves watching recipe videos and Full House reruns for hours at a time. You can probably find her making bento boxes or trying to be mysterious.