Style > Beauty

New Product Alert: Moriviví’s New Shampoo Bar

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Colegio’s own Moriviví is all about making beauty products out of completely natural ingredients, which include: essential oils, nuts, and medicinal plants. Valerie Ortiz, the creative mastermind behind Moriviví has released her newest creation: the Avocado Rosemary Lavender Shampoo Bar. Yes, that’s right! A shampoo BAR!

It’s made completely out of amazing and organic ingredients that come out of Mother Nature and the Earth. These include: coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil, sodium hydroxide, rice oil, karité butter, and rosemary and lavender essential oils. Part of the magic of using this shampoo bar is that you’re completely reducing the waste produced by not using plastic bottles that go in the trash. And it’s also amazing for your hair! Moriviví explains how regular shampoos from the drugstore are loaded with chemicals and aluminum that actually worsen any condition such as dandruff or hair loss. By switching to natural products, you’re giving your hair what it needs to grow and stay healthy.

I gave this bar a try and my God, I’m never going back. For starters, the smell is amazeballs. You’re transported to a spa treatment without a worry in the world, while a tan masseuse turns your back into soap. Then, you’re rubbing the bar on your hair, and by the time you get out of the shower and it dries, your hair is so soft, you swear you have never felt your hair like that ever before. My mom tried it and her first comment was: “I had never felt my hair so squeaky clean!”

Imagine how completely stoked people were, that the shampoo bar completely sold out in a week.

Here is what other customers have directly told Moriviví:

“Good morning! Today I woke up with good hair!! It wasn’t greasy or anything so the shampoo works for greasy hair. Whenever you can in this week, to buy you a bar please.”

“The. Bar. Shampoo. I’m not even joking that I need like 5 more to take them with me to Rio Piedras and have shampoo for 6 months. That Pachamama may ever bless you”

“My hair was amazing after I used your bar shampoo. Well-formed curls, without frizz and no dryness. I loved it!”

“Just used the shampoo like you told me to (no conditioner) and honestly I loved it. At the beginning the texture of the hair felt weird when it was wet but it’s all dry now and I think that my hair’s never been so soft without having to go to the beauty salon. As you can see in the picture, it looks like I had used a blower. Sincerely A++”

“I loved this shampoo! Washing my hair was like taking a therapeutic bath. I want to buy your soaps and the one for allergy!! I love them.”

If you want to stay posted on Moriviví’s latest products and when she’ll have more shampoos, remember to follow her on Instagram and Facebook!

Author of "Partida en Dos," a self-published poetry book, and also published writer featured in magazines such as Sábanas, El Vicio del Tintero, Emily, and the Anthology of the Revolutionary Alliance. Bachelor student of English Literature and minors in Comparative Literature and Teacher Preparation. Born and raised in the West of Puerto Rico, artist, dancer, tree-hugger and animal rights activist. 
English Major at the University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus. With a minor in Comunications and a minor in Marketing. Interested in all things entertainment and pop culture. Passionate writer and aspiring journalist. Former Campus Correspondent at HC UPRM.