This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Are you overwhelmed by all these holiday releases from makeup brands? Have you given up on your search for your perfect gift due to the oversaturation of products this time of year? Or do you simply want to grow your collection? Well look no further; here are 7 items or collections that you or your beloved makeup addict will LOVE this holiday season!

1. MAC: Extra Dimension Skinfinish from the Shiny Pretty Things collection in “Snowflushed”

(Picture Source: MAC Cosmetics)

This extra dimensional highlighter has a tridimensional shift from bronze to gold to pink, A perfect shade for medium to dark skin tones; and an exact dupe for last year’s “Stylishly Merry” eyeshadow.

2. Colourpop: “Glitterally Obsessed” face and body glitter from This Is Not a Dream collection

(Picture Source: ColourPop Cosmetics)

These glitter bases are the perfect mix for glitter and glam without the mess! At an incredibly affordable prize of $8, you can shimmer and glimmer like your favourite ornament this holiday season!

3. Jeffree Star Cosmetics: Alien Eyeshadow palette and Velour Liquid Lipstick

(Picture Source: Jeffree Star Cosmetics)

This Extraterrestrial collection holds otherworldly colors and finishes not for the faint of heart. The Alien palette being a number of alienesque shades and the liquid lips being witty and punny with their names.

4. Morphe: 35M, 15T, and 15S

(Picture Source: Morphe Cosmetics )

Morphe always goes all out with their holiday releases and this year is no different. With shades of purples, greens, oranges, and pinks, these three palettes will fulfill your need for warm tones and neutrals with bright pops of color!

5. Makeup Geek Cosmetics: Stroke of Midnight Eyeshadow Palette, Full False Lashes

(Picture Source: Makeup Geek Cosmetics )

MUG is one of those brands that we haven’t heard of in a while, but after much unnecessary scandal, they have rebranded and come back stronger than ever. The “Stroke of Midnight” palette is a nice addition to those who love neutral tones plus including mossy greens for that jewel toned aesthetic; and the Full False Lashes being both beautiful and inexpensive, perfect for the holiday flutter.

6. MAC X Patrick Starr: Patrick’s Powder

(Picture Source: TrendMood)

Not knowing the release date for this product, Patrick’s Powder was last years best seller from Patrick Starr’s collection last holiday season; and the rumors of its re-release have us all at the age of our seats!    

7. Morphe X James Charles: The James Charles Palette  

( Picture Source: Morphe Cosmetics )

Though sadly sold out, this palette is any artist’s dream with both neutral and bright colors; the possibilities are endless; and for the price of $39, who could resist this one of a kind palette?*

*There has been a restock announced however the date is to be confirmed. And it is to be a one time thing according to James Charles himself.

These are just my opinion on the best and most unique items for these holiday launches, and not so holiday launches, and by no means am I justifying the people behind the brands only the products shown. XOXO, D.

English Mayor with a passion for fashion and the beauty industry. Amateur Makeup Artist. In hopes of writing about the good and bad of the fashion and beauty industries alike.
Fabiola del Valle is 22 y/o English Lit. major studying at UPRM. She currently holds the position of Campus Correspondent and karaoke queen.