etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Mercado Colegial Continues to Open a Space for Student Entrepreneurs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

As the Fall semester reaches its midpoint, the University of Puerto Rico at Mayagüez (UPRM) continues to provide spaces where young artists and student entrepreneurs can display and sell their products. Last Thursday, October 18th, served as yet another opportunity for the community to put their work out there and connect with peers and clients alike.

Picture of Alexxa Gonzalez of Alezza Says Hey

Picture of Earth n Ink Studios

As the Universal Hour hit the clock, the young entrepreneurs and artists gathered around the well known Placita de Chardón putting their products on display as fellow students came from all over the college campus to share and connect with their peers. Among the many showing and selling their work were Alexxa Gonzalez of Alezza Says Hey, Earth n Ink Studios, Brithany Diaz of Telarañas, and Alero by Alejandra. As the event went on, sellers shared their stories and communicated with consumers who walked around looking for items such as handmade jewelry, art, stickers, and even clothing creating a fantastic environment within the college community.

Picture of Brithany Diaz of Telarañas

Picture of Alero by Alejandra

As mentioned previously, while the semester comes to its midpoint, UPRM’s Mercado Colegial continues to provide a great space for young artists and student entrepreneurs to start and expand their brands and products. So, if you want to come over and connect with new independent creators and businesses be sure to stop by the next Mercado Colegial event, which will be celebrated in mid November.

All of the pictures in this article were taken by Fernando E. E. Correa González

Fernando E. E. Correa González is the author behind over 20 self-published poetry books. He has been published by literary magazines & journals [Id]entidad, El Vicio del Tintero, Sábanas Magazine, Smaeralit and Tonguas. Other than writing, Correa is also a filmmaker, podcaster, photographer and master’s student. He currently lives in his native Puerto Rico.
Fabiola del Valle is 22 y/o English Lit. major studying at UPRM. She currently holds the position of Campus Correspondent and karaoke queen.