Meet the Writer: Geysel Gomez

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

The writer who describes herself as loyal, passionate and fearless took on the challenge of writing for Her Campus UPRM a few semesters back. Her passion for writing is evident, as she keeps creating content as the semester evolves. Her love for the craft comes from the power and freedom that words carry.  Exploiting letters to tell people’s stories, to make them feel like their lives matter is something wonderful. It’s a world-changing gift! Geysel shared when asked about this particular passion. But, writing is not all this young woman is passionate about, since she’s deeply committed to her education. Double majoring in biology and political science, she fell in love with research as she collaborated in two different biology investigations. Field work is so refreshing, you never know what you may find, she remembers fondly her days of researching the Puerto Rican boa. On the other hand she is currently part of the directive of the Phi Alpha Delta, a professional fraternity for students interested on a career in law.   

The curiosity and grit in which she lives her days were deeply influenced by her parents, whom always showed her that she was as capable as anybody else as long as she worked for it. Her empathic and gentle heart, one of the many lessons her parents gave her, always has a space for animalsIt was so rewarding to see others that loved their pets as family. To me, the most beautiful thing was how animals and their owners create strong bonds of love, loyalty, and friendship without a spoken word.

As the semester end so will the term of the current Campus Correspondents and would give way for Geysel who is set to be the next HCUPRM’s editor-in-chief. “The opportunity to positively influence the collegiate community, as well as to be a leader and mentor to the team is something I am ready to commit to.”    

Olivieri is a Puerto Rican entrepreneur who craves knowledge and has a passion for writing. Currently trying to unravel the world's mysteries by majoring in physics.