Meet Taekwondo Cutie: Daniel Reyes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

In honor of our Puerto Rican Week we browsed around campus looking for a cutie that had represented Puerto Rico internationally. Luckily we found this charismatic, friendly, and social cutie! Meet Daniel Reyes, that since he was three years old he practices an unusual sport: Taekwondo. Ever dreamed of a boy with dimples? This campus cutie has them. Future doctor, Daniel, is almost six foot tall and has a passion for Taekwondo. Interested? Be sure to check out his preferences!

Name: Daniel E. Reyes

Year: Junior

Age: 21

Major: Biology

Hometown: San Juan

Celebrity crush: Jessica Alba

Blondes or brunettes? Brunette 

HCUPRM: When and why did you start practicing Taekwondo?

DR: I started practicing taekwondo when I was 3 years old because I was very disobedient and my mother wanted me to have a little more discipline.

HCUPRM:Where have you competed for PR?

DR: I’ve competed in Mexico and in the United States a couple of times.

HCUPRM:How does it feel to represent such a small island internationally?

DR: It’s an honor to represent Puerto Rico internationally because even though it is a very small island it has a lot of talent.

HCUPRM:Are you currently on the UPRM team?

DR: I’m in the UPRM taekwondo team since 2nd year.

HCUPRM:How do you manage practicing and school?

DR: Balance is the key. If you have it you can do everything you want.

HCUPRM:Aside from practicing, what else do you like to do?

DR: I like to explore Puerto Rico and go to new places around the island.

HCUPRM:Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

DR: In 10 years I see myself graduating from school of medicine and starting my career.

UPRM girls are better because…

DR: UPRM girls are better because they are the perfect combination of being smart, friendly and pretty.

A trilingual and cheerful student that has a passion for justice. 20 year old, majoring in Psychology and minoring in International Relations, future law student. Born in Puerto Rico.